Windows Explorer problem

I saw an article about how to enable opening a DOS-window from within Windows
Explorer using the current folder in Windows Explorer. However, I did one
mistake and now I don't know how to make it undone.

I went in to Tools->Folder Options...->File types tab in Windows Explorer
and then i highlighted File Folder and pushed the Advanced button. Then I
pushed the New... button and then added "Open folder in MS-DOS" and
"c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /k %1". Then I pressed OKk and did the mistake
to press the Standard button followed by OK. Now Windows Explorer opens a new
Search dialog (windows standard search dialog for files and folders) when
double clicking a folder in the right view of Windows Explorer. Also, when I
in the Search view right click an item, which has been found after a search,
and select Open Object's Folder I get another Search dialog. The worst thing
is that when I go back to Tools->Folder Options...->File types tab in Windows
Explorer and then i highlight File Folder and push the Advanced button the
Edit and Remove options are disabled so I cannot delete or edit what I have
just added. How can I solve this problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer problem

    Go to start/run, and type:

    regsvr32 shell32.dll

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B0C0E4-C525-48E0-8747-0257C3D1D3AA@microsoft.com...
    >I saw an article about how to enable opening a DOS-window from within Windows
    > Explorer using the current folder in Windows Explorer. However, I did one
    > mistake and now I don't know how to make it undone.
    >
    > I went in to Tools->Folder Options...->File types tab in Windows Explorer
    > and then i highlighted File Folder and pushed the Advanced button. Then I
    > pushed the New... button and then added "Open folder in MS-DOS" and
    > "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /k %1". Then I pressed OKk and did the mistake
    > to press the Standard button followed by OK. Now Windows Explorer opens a new
    > Search dialog (windows standard search dialog for files and folders) when
    > double clicking a folder in the right view of Windows Explorer. Also, when I
    > in the Search view right click an item, which has been found after a search,
    > and select Open Object's Folder I get another Search dialog. The worst thing
    > is that when I go back to Tools->Folder Options...->File types tab in Windows
    > Explorer and then i highlight File Folder and push the Advanced button the
    > Edit and Remove options are disabled so I cannot delete or edit what I have
    > just added. How can I solve this problem?

Windows Explorer Windows XP