Geforce 6600GT on agp 4x

chocobanana

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Greentings

I'm thinking about replacing my graphics card with a Geforce 6600Gt 256Mb agp.
My doubt is that my motherboard only supports agp up to 4x and I don't know if it's worth to put such a card on it...

BTW, what are its minimum power requirements? Which power supply should be used with it coupled to a P4 2.4Ghz?

Can somebody elucidate me?

Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by chocobanana on 01/24/05 07:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Elucidate, eh !?! :tongue:

I prefer to edjimukate or in-light-on.

Anywhooo, 4X will be fine for that card, it'll require the same amount of hub transfer as an R9800XT, so while it will have statistical differences, it is unlikely that it will have majorly noticeable differences in you actual gaming.

EDIT: Power supply minimum would be a quality 350+W PSU if you have only a few things in there, and a 400+W if you have a few more HDs, optical drives, fans, etc. For generic no name then a high-side of 400W (like 450 or 480) or 500+W.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 01/24/05 06:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>