Asteroids deluxe help

Hi. my asteroids deluxe worked fine before I put a new marquee bulb and
blacklight in it. I replaced the bulbs and powered the game up. the
fuse blew. Then I replaced all the fuses and unhooked the light
fixtures. Now I cant get anything to power up. double checked
connections, fuses, and switches. still nothing.
I am new to Atari. Is there anything I should look out for?
Also, the game's switches were all unhooked. It was rigged so that when
the power cord is plugged in the game goes on.

Thanks
Steve

I just checked the service/ safety switches. pulled them in the out
position. still no power to the game, also checked the plug. I'm gonna
use a multi meter now.
thanks.

Also, the game's switches were all unhooked. It was rigged so that when

the power cord is plugged in the game goes on.

that sounds dubious. I think I'd get a new power supply or rebuild the
old one and erase that hackery.

Jeff

I got all new fuses to match the specifications in the manual. works
great now.
Thanks

thanks for what ? sounds like you did all the work :)

Jeff

glad to hear it's alive and well, one of my favorite games. Hope yours
has the blacklight and the mirror for that cool faux-3D effect.

I'm having some trouble with mine too.

Someone gave me some suggestions a few months ago. I printed them
out, but haven't really dug into it. Hopefully i'll locate them and
go through this soon.

It powers up, and sometimes i'll hear a tone followed by another tone.
No picture.

Then i'll plug it in another day, and it will work fine for weeks,
then the same problem happens. That's why I never went through the
tips I was given, because it came up the next time.

I'm thinking the tone indicates a bad ram chip, but I think the tips
indicated otherwise.

Lately I haven't been able to get a picture even with it in test mode.
When I plug in and hear the beeping, I immediately unplug the machine.
So i'd hope the monitor didn't get damaged from a bad gameboard.

I haven't checked anything with a multi-meter yet. Still learning how
to do that. I have a meter.

Any suggestions?

AD is still my all-time favorite game, so I really hope to have it
working again soon.

It's a game that I never get borred with, but playing anything too
much will be.