Tech needed Ms. Pacman Problem

lycanthrope

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2005

Here's a problem I need the experts for, my Ms pac boots fine and coins up
normally but as soon as the game is started it ends the level as if
completed and goes onto the next one it even does this in attract mode any
ideas I've heard its 8e or the rm8 resistor network, or perhaps a diode, any
other ideas or maybe a way to narrow it down before I replace 8e and rm8?

Thanks for any help
Troy
tgranger(at)televar.com

Lycanthrope <tgranger@televar.com> wrote:
: Here's a problem I need the experts for, my Ms pac boots fine and coins up
: normally but as soon as the game is started it ends the level as if
: completed and goes onto the next one it even does this in attract mode any
: ideas I've heard its 8e or the rm8 resistor network, or perhaps a diode, any
: other ideas or maybe a way to narrow it down before I replace 8e and rm8?

Rack test dip switch.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

dip switch setting is wrong. There is an automatic rack advance setting in
the dips.
Mike

"Lycanthrope" <tgranger@televar.com> wrote in message
> Here's a problem I need the experts for, my Ms pac boots fine and coins up
> normally but as soon as the game is started it ends the level as if
> completed and goes onto the next one it even does this in attract mode any
> ideas I've heard its 8e or the rm8 resistor network, or perhaps a diode,
> any
> other ideas or maybe a way to narrow it down before I replace 8e and rm8?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Troy
> tgranger(at)televar.com

TRENDING THREADS