HipTop 2 Beta testing in progress

Hi,

I recently acheived the incredible task of talking to someone somewhat
superior @ fido; (well actually, I didn't even speak with the guy, I got the
rep whom I was talking to to ask him a few questions); and after long
minutes of talking, I told me a little "secret" (yeah right); unsurprisingly
the people at Fido are prensently testing the HT2; I asked if I could get
one but they didn't want to.

Why would they refuse to sell me one, (yes, I'm willing to pay for it). I'll
even report bugs and test it for them if they want to, they couldn't ask for
anything better! I've had my HT1 for nearly a year now, I'm an avid user and
I think I could really help them developping since I'd be a client for them.

Do you guys know if I have any chance ?

pmb

Pierre-Marc Bonneau wrote:
> Why would they refuse to sell me one, (yes, I'm willing to pay for it).

Because all customers are stupid and no customer would be able to participate
costructively in a beta testing. In such companies the technical guys live in
a totally different, and more importantly, isolated world, isolated from the customers.

> Do you guys know if I have any chance ?

Your best bet is just to buy the thing and use it. If you find problems, send
an email to the general fido address giving them all the gory technical
details and telling them to forward it to the techniucal people who are beta
testing that device.

Yes indeed;
but the thing is I can't actually buy the thing since it's not yet on Fido's
list

pmb

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> Pierre-Marc Bonneau wrote:
> > Why would they refuse to sell me one, (yes, I'm willing to pay for it).
>
> Because all customers are stupid and no customer would be able to
participate
> costructively in a beta testing. In such companies the technical guys live
in
> a totally different, and more importantly, isolated world, isolated from
the customers.

> > Do you guys know if I have any chance ?
>
> Your best bet is just to buy the thing and use it. If you find problems,
send
> an email to the general fido address giving them all the gory technical
> details and telling them to forward it to the techniucal people who are
beta
> testing that device.

TRENDING THREADS