Installing 8liners Chassis monitor pcb's

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I bought a few 8 liners chassis and Installed them. Both tubes had
normal heater voltages and tubes but when I power up the monitors all I
see is a black box on the screen but you can tell that there is a
charge from the static and glow on the tube. Any Suggestions on what I
could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dukes

RJ

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Dose the game play blind? Sounds Coin up audio....

Check and make sure rgb and sync is hokked up. You can run a jumper
between h and v.

Make sure you have 5 volts at the board so it works properly.

RJ

RJ

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Dose the game play blind? Sounds Coin up audio....

Check and make sure rgb and sync is hokked up. You can run a jumper
between h and v.

Make sure you have 5 volts at the board so it works properly.

RJ

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

The game powers up and there is sound. What is running a Jumper
between H and v. horizontal and Vertical I assume. But I have never
done this can you explaine?

Thanks,
Dukes

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Yes I did that, and checked the lines. I think the problem might be the
tube is not compatiable? is that possible?

thanks
~Paul

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

He's on about horizontal and vertical sync. 8liners or I should say
Jenshinn chassis can only deal with composite sync. If your gameboard has a
separate horizontal and vertical sync, you can join them together and then
connect this to the sync input on the chassis.

Regards

Nick

"Dukes" <Pknific@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The game powers up and there is sound. What is running a Jumper
> between H and v. horizontal and Vertical I assume. But I have never
> done this can you explaine?
>
> Thanks,
> Dukes

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

You should get at least something on it, did you connect the black wire to
the neckboard? The one that's connected to the wire that goes round the
back of the tube. Can't think why your not getting anything come up unless
your sync is incompatible.

Only other things you can try are to adjust the cut offs correctly and try
adjusting the RGB drive levels.

In a darkened room with the gameboard disconnected, to set the cut offs turn
the bright control to half way, set RGB cut offs on neck board to half way,
then turn up screen control until you start to see a colour. Whatever
colour you see on the neckboard back it off a little until you can't see it,
then start to turn up the screen control again, again whatever colour you
see start to come up first turn down the cutoff a little until you can't see
it. Eventually you should get a nice white balance when you turn the screen
control up (screen should look white). When you have done this, set the
screen control so you see a black screen and then set the RGB drive controls
to half way. Reconnect the gameboard and see if anything comes up, if it
comes up you need to go into the gameboards crt test so you can set the RGB
drive controls correctly so the games colours look correct.

If your still stuck drop me a mail, I have one of these boards and although
I'm not too impressed with it, it does work and isn't that hard to setup.

In rec.games.video.arcade.collecting Dukes <Pknific@gmail.com> wrote:
: I bought a few 8 liners chassis and Installed them. Both tubes had
: normal heater voltages and tubes but when I power up the monitors all I
: see is a black box on the screen but you can tell that there is a
: charge from the static and glow on the tube. Any Suggestions on what I
: could be doing wrong?

Um... shouldn't this be a question for 8liners.com?

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu