crss.exe file is missing, how do I reinstall it?

Recently I ran an antispyware which may have deleted this file crss.exe
which I understand is very important for graphics. Since, my computer has
run a little bit strange. When I reboot it informs that it's missing
crss.exe but I can't do anything about it. I put in winxp cd and there is
nothing happening, nor can I locate this file on cd. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

crss.exe is the Agobot worm.

csrss.exe is a legitimate system file that manages graphical commands.

Check for the exact spelling.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Random Guy wrote:
> Recently I ran an antispyware which may have deleted this
> file crss.exe which I understand is very important for
> graphics. Since, my computer has run a little bit
> strange. When I reboot it informs that it's missing
> crss.exe but I can't do anything about it. I put in winxp
> cd and there is nothing happening, nor can I locate this
> file on cd. Thanks in advance.

Yes, csrss.exe it is. Sorry for confusion.

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> crss.exe is the Agobot worm.
>
> csrss.exe is a legitimate system file that manages graphical commands.
>
> Check for the exact spelling.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Random Guy wrote:
>> Recently I ran an antispyware which may have deleted this
>> file crss.exe which I understand is very important for
>> graphics. Since, my computer has run a little bit
>> strange. When I reboot it informs that it's missing
>> crss.exe but I can't do anything about it. I put in winxp
>> cd and there is nothing happening, nor can I locate this
>> file on cd. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Do a search of the C:\ drive for csrss. It may be located the i386
folder if you have it, by the name of csrss.ex_

--

Random Guy wrote:
> Yes, csrss.exe it is. Sorry for confusion.
>

> "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> crss.exe is the Agobot worm.
>>
>> csrss.exe is a legitimate system file that manages
>> graphical commands. Check for the exact spelling.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> Random Guy wrote:
>>> Recently I ran an antispyware which may have deleted
>>> this file crss.exe which I understand is very important
>>> for graphics. Since, my computer has run a little bit
>>> strange. When I reboot it informs that it's missing
>>> crss.exe but I can't do anything about it. I put in
>>> winxp cd and there is nothing happening, nor can I
>>> locate this file on cd. Thanks in advance.

If you put the filename into a search engine (google, askjeeves, .....) you
should find it for download. Or use its full name- Client-Server Runtime
SubSystem