customer retention?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 19, 2004 12:01:06 AM

anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention department?
(does it exist?)

Rogers seems to be fairly good, offering better monthly plans, or handsets
at new subscriber prices.

More about : customer retention

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 12:47:44 AM

PS wrote:

> anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention department?
> (does it exist?)

Yes. And if you use google for this newsgroup, you can even find their
telephone number to reach directly.

The problem with retention departments is that by the time a customer calls to
cancel account (usually because the normal customer service people couldn't
fix the problem), it is often too late because customer has already signed up
elsewhere. So on those occasions where retention does succeed, it needs to
give away far more to win the customer back.
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 3:48:07 PM

Go Go Gadget PS <psbnez@hotmail.com>:
> anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention department?
> (does it exist?)

Fido's customer retention department is, in my experience, the best in
the business.

I've called them a couple of times to say "I don't want to quit, but
you're not meeting my needs," and they've made arrangements.

Be very polite, professional, calm and articulate. Don't try to take
advantage of them, just be honest about your needs.

--
Rob.Russell@Canada.Com, Unicorn of Usenet & Bastard of Bandwidth
"If my son wants to be a pimp when he grows up, that's fine with me. I

I was a customer of Rogers for over 10 years and when I called to cancel,
they transferred me to their retention program. Basically they couldn't
offer me anything that I couldn't get as a new customer at a competing
company so I still told them that I would cancel. They then said that if I
went with a competing company that I would lose my Rogers phone number. I
told them that I didn't care and no one had my Rogers phone number or should
be calling me directly on my Rogers phone (if they had call display) and I
had call forwarding at work and at home and people called these numbers
which were automatically forwarded to my Rogers number when I wasn't there.
I left Rogers because they were overcharging me around $1.00 every month and
I had to call them and go through a whole long story to get my $1.00 credit.
They even told me that they would have to investigate the $1.00 charge
before issuing the credit. My monthly bill for them by the way was around
$60/month and they wanted to investigate the $1.00 charge before crediting
me with the constant $1.00 overcharge?

"Rob Russell" <colonel@engsoc.org> wrote in message
> Go Go Gadget PS <psbnez@hotmail.com>:
>> anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention
>> department?
>> (does it exist?)
>
> Fido's customer retention department is, in my experience, the best in
> the business.
>
> I've called them a couple of times to say "I don't want to quit, but
> you're not meeting my needs," and they've made arrangements.
>
> Be very polite, professional, calm and articulate. Don't try to take
> advantage of them, just be honest about your needs.
>
> --
> Rob.Russell@Canada.Com, Unicorn of Usenet & Bastard of Bandwidth
> "If my son wants to be a pimp when he grows up, that's fine with me. I
> hope he's a good one and enjoys it and doesn't get caught. I'll support
> him in this. But if he wants to be a network administrator, he's out of
> the house and not part of my family." Steve Wozniak, http://www.woz.org
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 10:28:59 PM

On 2004-11-18 21:47:44 -0500, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> said:

> PS wrote:
>>
>> anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention department?
>> (does it exist?)
>
> As a Fido customer since 1998 I've had my share of problems but their
> customer relations people (read retention department) have always
> worked with me to solve any problems. This includes providing me with
> a SE P800 at no charge, then switching it for free to a P900 (plus
> HBH-65 bluetooth headset) a month later when the new phone came out.
> Sure, my end of the deal was to go on a 2 yr contract which was no big
> deal since I wasn't going anywhere else anyway.

A year ago I was paying $100 per month for 1,000 daytime minutes per
month plus unlimited evenings and weekends. And paying extra every
month as I consistently get billed for 1300 -1500 daytime minutes per
month in my business. Now on the 'national plan' I pay $95 per month
which includes unlimited calls in and out plus unlimited data usage so
I can check my three POP email accounts while on the run. And no, I am
not a big Fido corporate customer - just 2 lines on the account and the
other one is on the $45 CityFido plan.

If I was on Bell, Telus or the main Rogers network with minimum 60
second billing per call I'd be broke by now. How can I leave? Fido is
still by far the most cost effective way to even if I can't roanm free
on Rogers GSM after Nov.30.
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 3:46:49 PM

<johnwolmer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2004-11-18 21:47:44 -0500, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com>
> said:
>
>> PS wrote:
>>>
>>> anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention
>>> department?
>>> (does it exist?)
>>
>> As a Fido customer since 1998 I've had my share of problems but their
>> customer relations people (read retention department) have always worked
>> with me to solve any problems. This includes providing me with a SE P800
>> at no charge, then switching it for free to a P900 (plus HBH-65 bluetooth
>> headset) a month later when the new phone came out. Sure, my end of the
>> deal was to go on a 2 yr contract which was no big deal since I wasn't
>> going anywhere else anyway.
>
> A year ago I was paying $100 per month for 1,000 daytime minutes per month
> plus unlimited evenings and weekends. And paying extra every month as I
> consistently get billed for 1300 -1500 daytime minutes per month in my
> business. Now on the 'national plan' I pay $95 per month which includes
> unlimited calls in and out plus unlimited data usage so I can check my
> three POP email accounts while on the run. And no, I am not a big Fido
> corporate customer - just 2 lines on the account and the other one is on
> the $45 CityFido plan.
>
> If I was on Bell, Telus or the main Rogers network with minimum 60 second
> billing per call I'd be broke by now. How can I leave? Fido is still by
> far the most cost effective way to even if I can't roanm free on Rogers
> GSM after Nov.30.

Is the 'national plan' countrywide and is it restricted to local calls? Did
you get this deal before or after the Rogers takeover?

Thanks, Brian
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 12:35:51 AM

in article SdmdnflCRsSxST3cRVn-iw@rogers.com, Brian G at
br1anNO@SPAMmail.com wrote on 11/21/04 12:46 PM:

> Is the 'national plan' countrywide and is it restricted to local calls? Did
> you get this deal before or after the Rogers takeover?
>
> Thanks, Brian

I switched after the takeover but the plan was in place before. I hear that
Rogers may now scrap it.

The $70 includes flat rate outbound calling from any Fido serviced area in
Canada;

All incoming call from anywhere in Canada are free: i.e. If I am visiting
Vancouver and someone in Toronto calls my local 416 number I am not charged
long distance for answering the call in Vancouver;

850 minutes included long distance calls to anywhere in North America;

Roaming in the USA works out to 20 cents US per minute plus 20 cents CDN for
airtime. That's about 46 - 47 cents CDN per minute vs Rogers roam rates of
95 cents to $1.65 per minute!
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 1:51:26 AM

I never heard of such a ridiculous thing. They lose more money staying on
the phone with a client than and investigate the 1$ overcharge than to just
credit that amount. Sounds really stupid on their behalf.

DK

"Harry Eugene Ly" <consumers-get-bad-service@big-f*ing-companies.com> wrote
in message news:2RAnd.65309$De5.1175488@wagner.videotron.net...
>I was a customer of Rogers for over 10 years and when I called to cancel,
>they transferred me to their retention program. Basically they couldn't
>offer me anything that I couldn't get as a new customer at a competing
>company so I still told them that I would cancel. They then said that if I
>went with a competing company that I would lose my Rogers phone number. I
>told them that I didn't care and no one had my Rogers phone number or
>should be calling me directly on my Rogers phone (if they had call display)
>and I had call forwarding at work and at home and people called these
>numbers which were automatically forwarded to my Rogers number when I
>wasn't there. I left Rogers because they were overcharging me around $1.00
>every month and I had to call them and go through a whole long story to get
>my $1.00 credit. They even told me that they would have to investigate the
>$1.00 charge before issuing the credit. My monthly bill for them by the way
>was around $60/month and they wanted to investigate the $1.00 charge before
>crediting me with the constant $1.00 overcharge?
>

> "Rob Russell" <colonel@engsoc.org> wrote in message
>> Go Go Gadget PS <psbnez@hotmail.com>:
>>> anyone have any good experiences with Fido's customer retention
>>> department?
>>> (does it exist?)
>>
>> Fido's customer retention department is, in my experience, the best in
>> the business.
>>
>> I've called them a couple of times to say "I don't want to quit, but
>> you're not meeting my needs," and they've made arrangements.
>>
>> Be very polite, professional, calm and articulate. Don't try to take
>> advantage of them, just be honest about your needs.
>>
>> --
>> Rob.Russell@Canada.Com, Unicorn of Usenet & Bastard of Bandwidth
>> "If my son wants to be a pimp when he grows up, that's fine with me. I
>> hope he's a good one and enjoys it and doesn't get caught. I'll support
>> him in this. But if he wants to be a network administrator, he's out of
>> the house and not part of my family." Steve Wozniak, http://www.woz.org

November 28, 2004 1:47:12 AM

johnwolmer wrote:
> in article SdmdnflCRsSxST3cRVn-iw@rogers.com, Brian G at
> br1anNO@SPAMmail.com wrote on 11/21/04 12:46 PM:
>

>>Is the 'national plan' countrywide and is it restricted to local calls? Did
>>you get this deal before or after the Rogers takeover?
>>
>>Thanks, Brian
>

> I switched after the takeover but the plan was in place before. I hear that
> Rogers may now scrap it.
>
> The $70 includes flat rate outbound calling from any Fido serviced area in
> Canada;
>
> All incoming call from anywhere in Canada are free: i.e. If I am visiting
> Vancouver and someone in Toronto calls my local 416 number I am not charged
> long distance for answering the call in Vancouver;
>
> 850 minutes included long distance calls to anywhere in North America;
>
> Roaming in the USA works out to 20 cents US per minute plus 20 cents CDN for
> airtime. That's about 46 - 47 cents CDN per minute vs Rogers roam rates of
> 95 cents to $1.65 per minute!

Rogers roaming in the US can go as high as 4$/minute, if using a
"neutral" carrier, at least for TDMA. Not sure about GSM...
!