PLAY HALF LIFE 2 IN OFFLINE MODE

fiveiron

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2004
Anyone else have trouble playing off line mode? I am taking my computer to a friends house and he doesnt have the net, i have updated everything and can play fine in online mode, it even lets me play half life 1 in offline mode but it tells me there was an error connecting for half life 2, i have a legal version i just wanna play it. im sure this is the wrong place, but i am going tommorow and would appreciate any help.

There's an option to save Steam's online settings, which should allow you to play without connecting.

That did it for me. But the dialogue box for me even mentioned that.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Well thats what you get when you buy software from an extremely paranoid software company. Gabe/Valve does not want the game to be played on a machine without internet connection and made many public warnings of that. This does suck for those trying to play the game on a notebook and on the road. Of course any hacks to prevent that checksum could create the chance of your steam account termed.

Does Steam have some offline setting? Never checked.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

Check my reply, it is possible. I have done it on my laptop.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: