Sign in with
Your question

PLAY HALF LIFE 2 IN OFFLINE MODE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 28, 2005 5:59:12 AM

Anyone else have trouble playing off line mode? I am taking my computer to a friends house and he doesnt have the net, i have updated everything and can play fine in online mode, it even lets me play half life 1 in offline mode but it tells me there was an error connecting for half life 2, i have a legal version i just wanna play it. im sure this is the wrong place, but i am going tommorow and would appreciate any help.
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2005 6:13:20 AM

There's an option to save Steam's online settings, which should allow you to play without connecting.

That did it for me. But the dialogue box for me even mentioned that.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
January 28, 2005 4:01:18 PM

Well thats what you get when you buy software from an extremely paranoid software company. Gabe/Valve does not want the game to be played on a machine without internet connection and made many public warnings of that. This does suck for those trying to play the game on a notebook and on the road. Of course any hacks to prevent that checksum could create the chance of your steam account termed.

Does Steam have some offline setting? Never checked.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2005 7:23:58 PM

Check my reply, it is possible. I have done it on my laptop.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
!