incoming line,stops at ac filter. problem here? What is the proper
voltage and how high can I set the voltage before I fry the board?
Need your thoughts please . Thanks for the time , Mike

Contact the tech support dept at www.itsgames.com

check your fans, I had this problem, come to find out the fan was dead.
put a new fan in and it worked fine.

RJ

I would not go higher than the 5.2 VDC measured at the Board. Try
receeding your connectors. including the ribbon cable to the hard
drive. Also clean any edge connector.

RJ

www.therealbobroberts.com has a good article on cabinet grounding. You
can add a green wire to the switching supply. You usually see a
difference in picture problems like lines n hum. Or grief in the audio
circuit.

Think everyone is missing the fact that he does not the Golden Tee
version with the harddrive. He has the very 1st GT which is GT 3D by
his post title. Where did you measure the voltage? Did you measure when
it gets to the board itself? Try taking a pencil eraser and cleaning
the contacts on the edge connector. I have fixed a few GT this way
since the board contacts were dirty. If not, you could also turn up the
PS a little bit more, the Golden Tee Series are big power hogs.

Brian

"arcadegamer" <arcadegamer@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Board lights up and sound plays first few bars of intro,then
> resets,over and over.Game has worked for last 4 months , no problems
> .Changed out power supply(was set at 5.13 vdc)now set at 5.22vdc before
> game will power-up with different supply,then reset.
> There is no ground wire attached to the power supply from the ac
> incoming line,stops at ac filter. problem here? What is the proper
> voltage and how high can I set the voltage before I fry the board?
> Need your thoughts please . Thanks for the time , Mike

Either a mismatch of CPU and hard drive, or your hard drive is bad.

Correct, I've seen jamma connectors burnt at the power edge, which is why
they changed the CPU to have computer style connectors.

"Brian Morris" <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
> Think everyone is missing the fact that he does not the Golden Tee
> version with the harddrive. He has the very 1st GT which is GT 3D by
> his post title. Where did you measure the voltage? Did you measure when
> it gets to the board itself? Try taking a pencil eraser and cleaning
> the contacts on the edge connector. I have fixed a few GT this way
> since the board contacts were dirty. If not, you could also turn up the
> PS a little bit more, the Golden Tee Series are big power hogs.
>
> Brian
>

> RJ wrote:
>> I would not go higher than the 5.2 VDC measured at the Board. Try
>> receeding your connectors. including the ribbon cable to the hard
>> drive. Also clean any edge connector.
>>
>> RJ
>>
>> www.therealbobroberts.com has a good article on cabinet grounding. You
>> can add a green wire to the switching supply. You usually see a
>> difference in picture problems like lines n hum. Or grief in the audio
>> circuit.

By the way, thank you for the correction about not having a hard drive (what
an idiot that guy was for not recognizing that), I've seen that problem so
many times in a Golden Tee Fore format that I jumped the title.

"Brian Morris" <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
> Think everyone is missing the fact that he does not the Golden Tee
> version with the harddrive. He has the very 1st GT which is GT 3D by
> his post title. Where did you measure the voltage? Did you measure when
> it gets to the board itself? Try taking a pencil eraser and cleaning
> the contacts on the edge connector. I have fixed a few GT this way
> since the board contacts were dirty. If not, you could also turn up the
> PS a little bit more, the Golden Tee Series are big power hogs.
>
> Brian
>

> RJ wrote:
>> I would not go higher than the 5.2 VDC measured at the Board. Try
>> receeding your connectors. including the ribbon cable to the hard
>> drive. Also clean any edge connector.
>>
>> RJ
>>
>> www.therealbobroberts.com has a good article on cabinet grounding. You
>> can add a green wire to the switching supply. You usually see a
>> difference in picture problems like lines n hum. Or grief in the audio
>> circuit.

Paul

Splendid

Didn't the early IT games also right off the bat tell you your voltage and
if it was good, low or high? And yes, no drive in this game, upto 2K was all
chip based. The Fore series started with the hard drives.

Paul