Ati or ....?

The most profound difference is;

ATI uses a VPU
nVidia use a GPU

Deep, eh!?!

Other than that more similar than they are different.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

dhlucke

Polypheme
Back in 2000 b.c. ATI was the spiritual leader of the VPU dynasty. For thousands of years they lived in peace. When the Nvidia GPU hordes emerged from the hills in 1342 a.d. they burned down everything in their path, raping and eating the women and children.

Today the war still rages on.

With each successfull release of their power the balance shifts back and forth.

It is up to you to read the reviews.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Same as using ford or honda.

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
LOL i am european so that gives me the rights to drive Ferraris, Zondas (0-120MPH in 5.3seconds top speed 200+, Lambo`s, porches e,t,c

In soviet Russia, car drives you!

dhlucke

Polypheme
It's a joke. The soviet union doesn't exist anymore...

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
haha u cant drive a zonda because its classed as too fast for american roads it would have to be detuned and restricted to meet usa regulations so the swiss dont sell to the americans because of this LOL.

Sorry

dhlucke

Polypheme
That doesn't make sense. Our roads can't handle fast cars? Please...

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
LOL you dont have high enough speed limits please 60mph top speed thats a joke, any country with a 60mph top speed limit makes me laugh, in the uk the average top speed on motorways are 80mph, yesterday we was doing 100mph - 110mph avarage to leicester from wolverhampton (65miles) can you say youve done that in america i dont think so.

Big v8s and no hurry to get anywhere what a waste of power. most cars here are 4 cyclinders and are capable of doing higher top speeds with faster accerleration than are american friends cars because eurpean cars are more refined and lighter plus guzzle less GO juice LOL.

The reason the Zonda can't be driven is the same as the Porsche 959, CRASH TESING, not speed limits. That you can buy/drive the Enzo and McLarenF1 means the Zonda is small potatoes. However in order to be able to be sold and driven in the US, car companies have to GIVE at least 3 cars to the US authorities or do joint testing to be given the go ahead.

BTW, the top speed limit in the US is 75mph (IIRC), Montana used to have "safe and reasonable" as a limit but even that went bye-bye. But it makes little difference from that oh so high 80mph you quote.

As for speeding I've been 155mph here in Canada and 160+ in Montana and ~180 in Germany, but it doesn't change the fact that every car willing to get tested I can buy in All 3 countries. Including the GT2/3, MacF1, Enzo, and DB9/Vanquish.

Now if only Lotus would make enough vehicles to start entering the US/Canada market or TVR would make a return to N.America. Forget the Zonda, gimme those two options instead.

most cars here are 4 cyclinders and are capable of doing higher top speeds with faster accerleration than are american friends cars because eurpean cars are more refined and lighter plus guzzle less GO juice LOL.
No that's because of your invasive ignorant laws/taxation. The same laws that almost destroyed the Aston's SWEET V8s. Even Lotus had moved from their 4cyl-turbos to V8s. Can you even buy them anymore, I know they still make them thanks to the US market.

And the UK is no better than the US, I drove a Fiat Punto AND a new at the time 'MG-reborn' faster than the speed limit there, but that's nothing like the 850 I drove from Stuttgart to Heidelberg on roads truely meant for that kind of driving. So who cares what the speed limit is if you have to break it both in the UK and US in order to push the vehicles. One advanatge in the US is that in many states it's mostly money fines, while in the UK and Canada it's far harsher penalties. And really I don't think the average driver in those three countries are anywhere near the quality of German drivers and road rules. It was like finally finding true driving heaven!

And anyways, who can respect a country where you have to drive around in a 270 degree circle just to make a freakin' right turn! Silly Brits! :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
LOL you have driven a punto (italion they own ferrari) baby car and you from canada and your telling brits about driving i think enough siad there.

germans best thing is there autobahns and porches bmw m5`s and m3`s merc AMG tuned production cars.

LOL americans Ignorance to pollution laws and treatys of the world thats why you drive petrol munching non-effiecent cars plus you drive automatics, (lazyenous,Boring)

Your Correct about are laws of taxation, trust me $1.50 approxx is a litre of unleaded here in the uk. bit pricey dont you think. but that has nothing to do with V8`s in this country, we make TVR Tuscan V8 which can beat or give Dodge vipers V8 (i like the viper) a run for there money, but i can buy a 4 cyclinder production car which is more efficent and can out acclerate a v8 dodge viper in the uk plus produce more power. (FQ400 this was available in euro before america)

Also the zonda out accelerates the enzo`s and mac F1 (british Sports car well refined) to 120 mph.

Lotus and tvr`s e,t,c are to common in england exoticas like ferraris, lambos and zondas are where to be but hay we all dont have £250000 to spend.

What a waste 3 cars to be crash tested and destroyed, even though usa regulations for crash testing are not as strict as europeans incap also USA pollution laws are more relaxed in that sense. yes you also make great handling cars ROFL spongy boucing suspension real drivers cars, cars which have a wieght of 2 - 3 tons, excelent cornering abilities wink wink.

Big heavy cars may be over compensating for somthing. lol
If you have been told different about this its probably wrong. Google it.

RichPLS

Champion
Our interstates are 70mph and usually don't get another look going 80...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Yeah I've driven a Punto in the UK, but also the MG, a LandRover - Range Rover, an M5 (with family, so no opportunity to speed), and two rover sedans (can't remember numbers one very much older one newer [for '96]). So my experience isn't limited to those two cars. Nothing indicated to me that British roads were worthy of much more, even the A and M highways. I've driven enough there, heck I prefer driving in the winding roads of Ireland in a VW Polo far more challenging and fun. :tongue:

LOL americans Ignorance to pollution laws
I'd be willing to wager that California pollution laws are stricter and more advanced than any in the UK or Germany. You won't get any argument from me about Kyoto (despite living in an Oil Town), but that's irrelevant to performance, as you can still buy loosely regulated V12s over ther, just the V8 has ridiculous control measures (in comparison).

trust me $1.50 approxx is a litre of unleaded here in the uk. bit pricey dont you think.
Try living in a region where you could put a stick in the ground and out bleeds Crude, and yet we still pay close to $1 per litre. Now that's pricey.

but i can buy a 4 cyclinder production car which is more efficent and can out acclerate a v8 dodge viper
And then again I can buy a Viper Venom that is also turbo charged that can turn around an beat the EVO, the ENZO, and alot of other cars that end in O (Lambo-Murcio for one).

yes you also make great handling cars ROFL spongy boucing suspension real drivers cars, cars which have a wieght of 2 - 3 tons, excelent cornering abilities wink wink.
Hmm, I think the WORST car in the TopGear 2004 review was a Euro car, the SMART, followed by the Asian Prius. So seriously a question of people in glass houses me thinks.

And if you want good handeling cars you could put the Shelby, the Saleen, the Vette, and even a few of those heavy ass cadillacs near the top of the list. Every region has good cars, as for the Brits, you don't even own most of your car companies anymore so it's really no comparison it's really comparing American cars to American cars built in the Uk and German cars built in the UK, and even Asian (Korean?) cars built in the UK (Lotus), and German designed and built cars sold as American cars, however there no longer a true British car anymore. The only thing you have left is the Boutique shops that are equivalent to Cobra Replica companies in the US. Even TVR could be bought with the lunch budget for one day in a Detroit plant.

I expect that even TVR will soon be bought out by some foreigners to finally make it a force outside of it's current limited market. You'll suffer the same fate we did and just become a factory site for American, German and Asian companies. Make fun all you want but you'll be making Minivans and KIAs soon too.

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Don't think you quite understand. The legal limit is 60 MPH or 70 MPH...but people rarely drive less than 80 MPH. On the open roads where traffic congestion isn't a problem (like when I drive to Vegas), I drive 120+ in my Dodge Hemi.

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
All i can do is laugh at your replys, How about F1 cars where 60% are developed near cambridge in ENGLAND ROFL. which are then tested at silverstone.

if we did include american cars i would assure you that the bottom 3 would all be american cars but then again there would be 1 may be 2 in the top ten. remeber AUTOMATICS and slaggy suspension which jeremy clarkson constantly takes the piss out of americans who is a top reviewer of cars in the world.

Shelby Cobra American power plant BUT british engineered chassy suspensions and everything else. the first shelby was made in england thats how americas first awsome super car was made seen it on discovery channel pretty good documentry.

Also at least you only pay $1 canadian doller thats 30pence £ conversion £1 = $ 2.5 canadian dollers oo my god we pay 2.5 times as much as you count yourself lucky mate i would love to pay that much for go juice.

i wished i lived where you did lol.

Also yes due to poor management by owners most british car companys are owned by forigners like ford owning jaguer sad really but good business.

cleeve

Illustrious
On a side note, as soon as the spring thaw is done I'll be putting my 75-shot nitrous kit in my Mazda3. :)

Laugh the laugh of the fearfully deafeated. The empire is crumbling. :evil:

What about F1? First they aren't road leagal anyways. AND, used to be #1, but now it's speed governed, tyre hampered, and use less powerful engines than both N.American racing leagues. And while 60% are developed in the UK, the number 1 team is on the other side of the continent being built there has been for year now. :tongue: The days of Williams and McLaren are over.

Clarkson's an old fart who can't drive worth a damn, he's got a great job, but he's nowhere near the previous reviewer 'Needles' or whatever his name was who really could make the cars fly, and had the best lap time (by far) of all reviewers when checking out the Enzo at their proving grounds in Monza or wherever.

The Shelby AC Cobra is the past, the current cars are all American, and the AC cars were nothing until the American MADE them into the great car it was. Without Shelby it was nothing, one of the main reasons he was brought into the program. The ACE was nothing before Shelby got in there, and they strengthened it up too. First tests showed the weakness of the frame.

As for the price, that $2.33CDN to one Pound, and the prices I've seen are about 79 to 83 pence per litre making it closer to 1.8 times as much. Now considering you don't live next to the second largest oil reserve on the planet with a population half your size, I'd say we're overpaying far more than you. We may pay less in dollar figures, but considering the source, we're overpaying.

However my point is that unless you live in Germany we all have to break the limits in our respective 3 countries to enjoy the best cars in the world.