My laptop is infested with bugs what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LByrne

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
My wife's laptop came from a house with small bugs in it, we try to suffocate them but when we opened the bag, they still came out. What do you suggest?

Solution
you want to use a bug bomb and a few plastic bags. get metal barrel that you can put the laptop on the bottom of. then place a bug bomb on a stand (metal one away from the laptop) they do make heat. turn the bomb on and close the lid of the barrel. let the bomb work. check it after and hour to make sure the bomb is out. close lid and leave barrel in garage for 24 hours. take laptop out then cover in a bag that you can suck the air out of it. (bedding in a bag). put laptop in bag with a sock of moth balls and vacuum the air out of the bag. leave like that for 14-21 days to kill off any eggs in the laptop.

abraham_mammogram

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

CO2 tanks are pretty easy and cheap to aquire from a hardware store. I would put the laptop in a plastic bag with a small hole in the top, and bleed CO2 into it for an hour or two, which should take care of your situation. CO2 is quite inert, however, I would still recommend doing this outside.

you want to use a bug bomb and a few plastic bags. get metal barrel that you can put the laptop on the bottom of. then place a bug bomb on a stand (metal one away from the laptop) they do make heat. turn the bomb on and close the lid of the barrel. let the bomb work. check it after and hour to make sure the bomb is out. close lid and leave barrel in garage for 24 hours. take laptop out then cover in a bag that you can suck the air out of it. (bedding in a bag). put laptop in bag with a sock of moth balls and vacuum the air out of the bag. leave like that for 14-21 days to kill off any eggs in the laptop.

Solution

LByrne

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

but really 2 weeks, she got it back and they are all over it. I sprayed the bag before putting the laptop in with RAID, but when we popped the bag 8 days later, they were still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS