  • Email
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 5, 2005 7:38:01 AM

Very little hair left now..... I keep getting a request for user name and
password when hitting the send/recieve in outlook (not express).
To the best of my knowledge the settings have not been altered.
I have repeatedly hit the OK button but the request just keeps coming back.

Any ideas? Please.
--
Carlatl3

More about : recieve mail

June 5, 2005 8:17:13 AM

Either one of the following can cause this:

1. POP3 server is incorrectly entered or has been altered
2. Username is incorrectly entered or has been altered
3. Password is incorrectly entered or has been altered

Call your ISP, or email service provider if not the same, and ask what
should be the correct settings for you.

"Carl" wrote:

> Very little hair left now..... I keep getting a request for user name and
> password when hitting the send/recieve in outlook (not express).
> To the best of my knowledge the settings have not been altered.
> I have repeatedly hit the OK button but the request just keeps coming back.
>
> Any ideas? Please.
> --
> Carlatl3
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 11:57:35 AM

Hi Carl,

If you've made no changes, then I would suspect that the problem is on the
other end. Click tools/options/maintenance tab, enable logging for pop3.
Then send/receive. There will be a pop3 log file in the mail store folder,
open it up and examine the contents for clues as to what's happening.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone