Error Msg on Logoff - Wkscal

caleb

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
displayed an error message"

Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
Body - "Ending Program...please wait"

It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the end
program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove this problem.

wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts everytime
you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.

I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.

End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.

Open Task Manager...
Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
> displayed an error message"
>
> Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
> Body - "Ending Program...please wait"
>
> It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the end
> program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove this
> problem.

caleb

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi Wesley

Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting automatically in
the first place. In many instances, I did not start Microsoft@Works at all.

Thanks

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts everytime
> you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.
>
> I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.
>
> End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.
>
> Open Task Manager...
> Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
> Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
> > displayed an error message"
> >
> > Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
> > Body - "Ending Program...please wait"
> >
> > It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the end
> > program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove this
> > problem.

caleb,

See if there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe in either of these two folders.

Paste these in the Start | Run box one at a time and click OK.

%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

%homepath%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

If there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe, delete it.

If not post back.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:DF3AFADB-8C99-4331-84C9-8F2764C17CE3@microsoft.com,
caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wesley
>
> Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting automatically
> in the first place. In many instances, I did not start Microsoft@Works
> at all.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts
>> everytime you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.
>>
>> I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.
>>
>> End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.
>>
>> Open Task Manager...
>> Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
>> Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
>> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
>>> displayed an error message"
>>>
>>> Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
>>> Body - "Ending Program...please wait"
>>>
>>> It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the
>>> end program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove
>>> this problem.

caleb

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi Wesley

It stopped wkscal.exe from running in the first place. Thanks
Caleb

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> caleb,
>
> See if there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe in either of these two folders.
>
> Paste these in the Start | Run box one at a time and click OK.
>
> %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>
> %homepath%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>
> If there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe, delete it.
>
> If not post back.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:DF3AFADB-8C99-4331-84C9-8F2764C17CE3@microsoft.com,
> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi Wesley
> >
> > Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting automatically
> > in the first place. In many instances, I did not start Microsoft@Works
> > at all.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts
> >> everytime you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.
> >>
> >> I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.
> >>
> >> End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.
> >>
> >> Open Task Manager...
> >> Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
> >> Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
> >> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Caleb,

What stopped wkscal.exe from running in the first place?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User