Error Msg on Logoff - Wkscal

I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
displayed an error message"

Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
Body - "Ending Program...please wait"

It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the end
program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove this problem.
5 answers Last reply
More about error logoff wkscal

    wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts everytime
    you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.

    I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.

    End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.

    Open Task Manager...
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
    Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
    caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
    > displayed an error message"
    >
    > Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
    > Body - "Ending Program...please wait"
    >
    > It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the end
    > program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove this
    > problem.

    Hi Wesley

    Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting automatically in
    the first place. In many instances, I did not start Microsoft@Works at all.

    Thanks

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts everytime
    > you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.
    >
    > I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.
    >
    > End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.
    >
    > Open Task Manager...
    > Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
    > Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
    > caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
    > > displayed an error message"
    > >
    > > Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
    > > Body - "Ending Program...please wait"
    > >
    > > It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the end
    > > program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove this
    > > problem.

    caleb,

    See if there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe in either of these two folders.

    Paste these in the Start | Run box one at a time and click OK.

    %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    %homepath%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    If there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe, delete it.

    If not post back.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:DF3AFADB-8C99-4331-84C9-8F2764C17CE3@microsoft.com,
    caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Wesley
    >
    > Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting automatically
    > in the first place. In many instances, I did not start Microsoft@Works
    > at all.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts
    >> everytime you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.
    >>
    >> I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.
    >>
    >> End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.
    >>
    >> Open Task Manager...
    >> Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
    >> Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
    >> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I got Microsoft Works 2000 set up on Windows XP. Whenever I logoff, it
    >>> displayed an error message"
    >>>
    >>> Header - "End Program - Wkscal.exe"
    >>> Body - "Ending Program...please wait"
    >>>
    >>> It prevent the system from logging off or shutdown unless I select the
    >>> end program button. Appreciate if anyone can advise how I can remove
    >>> this problem.

    Hi Wesley

    It stopped wkscal.exe from running in the first place. Thanks
    Caleb

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > caleb,
    >
    > See if there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe in either of these two folders.
    >
    > Paste these in the Start | Run box one at a time and click OK.
    >
    > %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >
    > %homepath%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >
    > If there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe, delete it.
    >
    > If not post back.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:DF3AFADB-8C99-4331-84C9-8F2764C17CE3@microsoft.com,
    > caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi Wesley
    > >
    > > Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting automatically
    > > in the first place. In many instances, I did not start Microsoft@Works
    > > at all.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> wkscal.exe is the Microsoft® Works Calendar. wkscal.exe starts
    > >> everytime you start Microsoft® Works or the MSworksTaskLauncher.
    > >>
    > >> I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening.
    > >>
    > >> End the process before shutting down to avoid the error message.
    > >>
    > >> Open Task Manager...
    > >> Ctrl + Shift + Esc | Process tab | Locate wkscal.exe and right click it |
    > >> Select End Process | Click YES | Close Task Manager
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:F2C78E5A-A984-42D1-8938-CE669AF14C3A@microsoft.com,
    > >> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    Caleb,

    What stopped wkscal.exe from running in the first place?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:AAAFF1D1-0072-443F-BB63-44083AEDC8AA@microsoft.com,
    caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Wesley
    >
    > It stopped wkscal.exe from running in the first place. Thanks
    > Caleb
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> caleb,
    >>
    >> See if there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe in either of these two folders.
    >>
    >> Paste these in the Start | Run box one at a time and click OK.
    >>
    >> %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >>
    >> %homepath%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >>
    >> If there is a shortcut to wkscal.exe, delete it.
    >>
    >> If not post back.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:DF3AFADB-8C99-4331-84C9-8F2764C17CE3@microsoft.com,
    >> caleb <caleb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi Wesley
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps you can advise how I stop the process from starting
    >>> automatically in the first place. In many instances, I did not start
    >>> Microsoft@Works at all.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

Support Microsoft Error Message Windows XP