Closed

unable to find product key

i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along the
side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp proffesional
1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the product key
but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was wondering
could some please tell me what part of this might me the product key.
thank you
6 answers Last reply
More about unable find product

    Look above the 00046-767-990-886 number.

    The one that reads Product Key.

    Like here...
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/static/images/validation/coa_4_lg.jpg

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:69AE351E-35B3-40D3-9E9D-CE8304A49080@microsoft.com,
    kelly <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
    > Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along
    > the side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp
    > proffesional 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding
    > the product key but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key
    > so i was wondering could some please tell me what part of this might me
    > the product key.
    > thank you

    The Product Key is the 25-digit alpha-numeric string printed
    on the COA.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
    > Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along
    > the
    > side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp
    > proffesional
    > 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the product
    > key
    > but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was wondering
    > could some please tell me what part of this might me the product key.
    > thank you

    The product key is the combination of letters and numbers in 5 blocks of 5 -
    ie xxxxx-yyyyy-xxxxx-yyyyy-xxxxx

    kelly wrote:
    > *i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix
    > this
    > Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number
    > along the
    > side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp
    > proffesional
    > 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the
    > product key
    > but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was
    > wondering
    > could some please tell me what part of this might me the product
    > key.
    > thank you *

    If you computer will boot, go to www.WinKeyFinder.com And download
    WinKeyFinder and run it. Will tell you your Product Key, Product ID and
    other things.

    --
    wahlroot
  5. Hi, :)