Closed

unable to find product key

June 5, 2005 11:46:01 AM

i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along the
side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp proffesional
1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the product key
but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was wondering
could some please tell me what part of this might me the product key.
thank you
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 1:57:23 PM

Look above the 00046-767-990-886 number.

The one that reads Product Key.

Like here...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/static/...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:69AE351E-35B3-40D3-9E9D-CE8304A49080@microsoft.com,
kelly <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
> Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along
> the side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp
> proffesional 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding
> the product key but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key
> so i was wondering could some please tell me what part of this might me
> the product key.
> thank you
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 2:22:11 PM

The Product Key is the 25-digit alpha-numeric string printed
on the COA.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"kelly" wrote:

| i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
| Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along the
| side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp proffesional
| 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the product key
| but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was wondering
| could some please tell me what part of this might me the product key.
| thank you
June 5, 2005 7:29:52 PM

"kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix this
> Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number along
> the
> side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp
> proffesional
> 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the product
> key
> but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was wondering
> could some please tell me what part of this might me the product key.
> thank you

The product key is the combination of letters and numbers in 5 blocks of 5 -
ie xxxxx-yyyyy-xxxxx-yyyyy-xxxxx
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:05:04 AM

kelly wrote:
> *i have located my coa but on it reads... you are required to affix
> this
> Certificate of Authenticity to your exterior of the pc with number
> along the
> side 00046-767-990-886 and along the bottom it reads windows xp
> proffesional
> 1 - 2cpu, my book tells me this is where i should be finding the
> product key
> but then my computer asks me for a 25 digit product key so i was
> wondering
> could some please tell me what part of this might me the product
> key.
> thank you *

If you computer will boot, go to www.WinKeyFinder.com And download
WinKeyFinder and run it. Will tell you your Product Key, Product ID and
other things.

--
wahlroot
January 19, 2010 6:53:51 AM

Hi, :)
The Windows 25-character Product Key is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an factory installed license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.
If you can't find your product key, Password Genius will help you solve this problem easily.
Check it out: http://www.password-genius.com/how-to/how-to-recover-my...
Anonymous
January 19, 2010 9:47:45 AM

Necropost