user switching trouble

I have win xp pro sp2.
If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another user without restarting.
When try to switch, blue screen appears, then welcome screen, and can only
get back to original user.
I have tried turning fast switch on and off with restarting and have
disabled offline files. No luck.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about user switching trouble

    Hi Jilz,

    Here's a discussion that may help.
    Fast user switching causes a reboot:
    http://snipurl.com/ewa3

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Jilz wrote:
    > I have win xp pro sp2.
    > If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another
    > user without restarting. When try to switch, blue screen
    > appears, then welcome screen, and can only get back to
    > original user.
    > I have tried turning fast switch on and off with
    > restarting and have
    > disabled offline files. No luck.
    > Any help much appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    Thanks for your response.
    Unfortunately, I tried steps from discussion and it's still not working.
    FUS and TS are both set to automatic.
    I ran FSUFIX.reg, and no luck there either.
    Strange, stubborn computer.

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi Jilz,
    >
    > Here's a discussion that may help.
    > Fast user switching causes a reboot:
    > http://snipurl.com/ewa3
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > Jilz wrote:
    > > I have win xp pro sp2.
    > > If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another
    > > user without restarting. When try to switch, blue screen
    > > appears, then welcome screen, and can only get back to
    > > original user.
    > > I have tried turning fast switch on and off with
    > > restarting and have
    > > disabled offline files. No luck.
    > > Any help much appreciated.
    > > Thanks.

    Hi Jilz,

    See if this fix works.
    Restore Fast User Switching (Line 34)

    Jilz wrote:
    > Thanks for your response.
    > Unfortunately, I tried steps from discussion and it's
    > still not working. FUS and TS are both set to automatic.
    > I ran FSUFIX.reg, and no luck there either.
    > Strange, stubborn computer.
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Jilz,
    >>
    >> Here's a discussion that may help.
    >> Fast user switching causes a reboot:
    >> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
    >>

    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> Jilz wrote:
    >>> I have win xp pro sp2.
    >>> If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another
    >>> user without restarting. When try to switch, blue screen
    >>> appears, then welcome screen, and can only get back to
    >>> original user.
    >>> I have tried turning fast switch on and off with
    >>> restarting and have
    >>> disabled offline files. No luck.
    >>> Any help much appreciated.
    >>> Thanks.

Windows XP Switch Blue Screen Support Microsoft