Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

user switching trouble

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 2:06:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have win xp pro sp2.
If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another user without restarting.
When try to switch, blue screen appears, then welcome screen, and can only
get back to original user.
I have tried turning fast switch on and off with restarting and have
disabled offline files. No luck.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

More about : user switching trouble

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:35:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Jilz,

Here's a discussion that may help.
Fast user switching causes a reboot:
http://snipurl.com/ewa3


--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/


Jilz wrote:
> I have win xp pro sp2.
> If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another
> user without restarting. When try to switch, blue screen
> appears, then welcome screen, and can only get back to
> original user.
> I have tried turning fast switch on and off with
> restarting and have
> disabled offline files. No luck.
> Any help much appreciated.
> Thanks.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 11:39:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, I tried steps from discussion and it's still not working.
FUS and TS are both set to automatic.
I ran FSUFIX.reg, and no luck there either.
Strange, stubborn computer.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Jilz,
>
> Here's a discussion that may help.
> Fast user switching causes a reboot:
> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
>
> Jilz wrote:
> > I have win xp pro sp2.
> > If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another
> > user without restarting. When try to switch, blue screen
> > appears, then welcome screen, and can only get back to
> > original user.
> > I have tried turning fast switch on and off with
> > restarting and have
> > disabled offline files. No luck.
> > Any help much appreciated.
> > Thanks.
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:54:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Jilz,

See if this fix works.
Restore Fast User Switching (Line 34)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

Jilz wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
> Unfortunately, I tried steps from discussion and it's
> still not working. FUS and TS are both set to automatic.
> I ran FSUFIX.reg, and no luck there either.
> Strange, stubborn computer.
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jilz,
>>
>> Here's a discussion that may help.
>> Fast user switching causes a reboot:
>> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>>
>> Jilz wrote:
>>> I have win xp pro sp2.
>>> If 1 user is logged on, cannot fast switch to another
>>> user without restarting. When try to switch, blue screen
>>> appears, then welcome screen, and can only get back to
>>> original user.
>>> I have tried turning fast switch on and off with
>>> restarting and have
>>> disabled offline files. No luck.
>>> Any help much appreciated.
>>> Thanks.
!