deleted my fonts folder, now application menus are out of ..

a while back i downloaded a ton of new fonts, but eventually, decided i
didn't need them anymore. w/o a quick way to uninstall them, i just deleted
everything in my fonts folder, then restored the default fonts folder from
another computer running XP.

now, when i open certain programs, the alert boxes and context menu fonts
are all out of whack. how can i reset the font settings in XP so that my
menus return to normal. right now, most of them display in what appears to be
a 12 point bold version of arial. on menus that can't be resized (e.g
picasa's menus) i can't get to some of the options, b/c they're too far down
in the window now.

i'm running XP pro SP2, fyi. i'd like to fix this w/o having to reinstall XP
if possible.

feel free to email me at dkh7m@yahoo.com w/ any suggestions. TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about deleted fonts folder application menus

    Hi,

    Restore the system using System Restore and remove font per this KB
    Article.
    How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314960

    All About System Restore in WinXP
    http://bertk.mvps.org/

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    dkh7m@yahoo.com wrote:
    > a while back i downloaded a ton of new fonts, but
    > eventually, decided i didn't need them anymore. w/o a
    > quick way to uninstall them, i just deleted everything in
    > my fonts folder, then restored the default fonts folder
    > from another computer running XP.
    >
    > now, when i open certain programs, the alert boxes and
    > context menu fonts are all out of whack. how can i reset
    > the font settings in XP so that my menus return to
    > normal. right now, most of them display in what appears
    > to be a 12 point bold version of arial. on menus that
    > can't be resized (e.g picasa's menus) i can't get to some
    > of the options, b/c they're too far down in the window
    > now.
    >
    > i'm running XP pro SP2, fyi. i'd like to fix this w/o
    > having to reinstall XP if possible.
    >
    > feel free to email me at dkh7m@yahoo.com w/ any
    > suggestions. TIA

Windows XP