deleted my fonts folder, now application menus are out of ..

dkh7m

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005

a while back i downloaded a ton of new fonts, but eventually, decided i
didn't need them anymore. w/o a quick way to uninstall them, i just deleted
everything in my fonts folder, then restored the default fonts folder from
another computer running XP.

now, when i open certain programs, the alert boxes and context menu fonts
are all out of whack. how can i reset the font settings in XP so that my
menus return to normal. right now, most of them display in what appears to be
a 12 point bold version of arial. on menus that can't be resized (e.g
picasa's menus) i can't get to some of the options, b/c they're too far down
in the window now.

i'm running XP pro SP2, fyi. i'd like to fix this w/o having to reinstall XP
if possible.

feel free to email me at dkh7m@yahoo.com w/ any suggestions. TIA

Hi,

Restore the system using System Restore and remove font per this KB
Article.
How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314960

All About System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/

--