MMS to Rogers?

With the purchase from Rogers, does anyone know if us Fido users can
now send MMS (picture messages) to Rogers customers? Or are we still
limited to Fido users?

Thanx, cheers,

..:. tony
2 answers Last reply
More about rogers

    tony wrote:

    > With the purchase from Rogers, does anyone know if us Fido users can
    > now send MMS (picture messages) to Rogers customers? Or are we still
    > limited to Fido users?

    It will be a while before the networks are integrated to that extent. It all
    depends on whether the two companies have compatible software for MMS. An
    article I read recently indicated that there lacked interoperability standards
    between various MMS systems providers. Not sure what the status of it is right
    now.

    First step will probably see Fido/Rogers connect their SMS systems instead of
    flowing through that 3rd party gateway that charges extra.

    On the topic of MMS...although a bit astray, I wonder if or when Rogers will
    abolish that ridiculous Fido charge that the receipient of an SMS message,
    other than from another cellular customer gets charged for receiving the
    SMS. For example, if I send an SMS to a Fido customer from ICQ, the Fido
    customer will be charged. If the reverse would occur, the Rogers does not
    get charged for any SMS message. In fact, I have numerous SMS reminders
    setup to be sent to my Rogers cell.

Fido Rogers Internet Service Providers