Compatible joysticks for windows 7

peterd01

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hello,
Is there any available software for a Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick to make it compatible with Windows 7?

saran008

Distinguished
No Need for any extra software or patches, As per Microsoft Site your Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick is fully compatible with Both 32/64 bit Versions of Windows 7.
Here is the reference:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Microsoft%20SideWinder%20Precision%20Pro%20Game%20Controller&v=Microsoft&uid=326-00105&pf=1&pi=8&c=Mice%2C%20Keyboards%20%26%20Input%20Devices&sc=Game%20Controllers&os=32-bit

Have a look at this thread, will solve your doubt
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/101956-13-microsoft-sidewinder-precision-joystick

Hope this helped you!

pinhead101

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
sorry! im late to the party. I have a MS sidewinder FFB pro. Am trying to interface with USB as it has a gameport/vga style 15 pin (male) connector. Can anyone help with adapters etc- sure would like to run this on my windows 7 case. Also have the power brick for the FFB- add on sound cards were suggested but I have on board and i dont want to start that mess. thanx for any help :sol:

peterd01

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Pinhead101 -- that's the same problem I have with my MS Sidewinder. It's the old style and the new computer motherboards have no port for the VGA style male connector. I purchased an adapter (female to male Sidewinder to USB) online but it was carp; never worked. I tried contacting Microsoft and they were useless; said they didn't make one, but would be happy to sell me new hardware.

I'm in the same boat with you, I have the MS Sidewinder Pro, but cannot get it to work with my computer.

pinhead101

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Hey! I went into Wiki online and there is a wealth of info there. I have found several sites ( pc -a/v, cables etc) that carry adapters for these sticks- the circuitry is in the adapter, unlike Belkin and most of the others. I also had to find a ' gender adapt' to go from my DB-15 (with only 9 pins in it) to the USB adapt- PLUS the word is I wont be able to use the FFB -even with the power brick 120v/12vdc- seems after all that I wont have the main feature I want from this stick--While im dicking around with this I have a new CH combat stick on its way! Let me know how you end up, good luck

tom