Hello everyone just started as a architectural student and I was thinking of buying a new notebook to handle the programs needed for the years to come. I do photography as a hobby and will use editing software from time to time. I like to watch movie and listen to music so if the laptop has good sound quality would be great. Currently using a Lenovo R400 it's a very nice and solid machine, maybe something that is more better looking this time. Also a black lit keyboard would be nice thanks for the help in advance.
1. What is your budget? 1500 and under
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 to 16 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want? Prefer 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? 4 hours, more is always welcome
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, some mmorpg and online fps games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) 3D design software(autoCAD etc), photo editing(photoshop, Lightroom), watching movie and connecting it to bigger monitors and projectors. Listening to music.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500gb minimum but prefer 1tb I can alway upgrade it later
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 to 5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Dont matter
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Prefer more well known brand