Robby Roto boardset - tech query

A friend of mine says he's got hold of a Robby Roto boardset (untested
as of yet). A couple of the card edge connectors (those on the
backplace/bus that the individual boards plug into) are apparently
corroded and he wants to replace them.

There are two for each board to plug into, each being a 2 x 50 way.

He's not sure of the pitch of these though - can anyone advise please?

Also, can these connectors still be obtained?

Thanks

Whatta pain in the ass to replace those. Why not just clean them up?
Tarn-x should take the corrosion off just fine, and a spray of contact
preserver on them they should be good to go.

On 10 Jul 2005 17:53:59 -0700, "boardjunkie" <boardjunkie@techie.com>
wrote:

>Whatta pain in the ass to replace those. Why not just clean them up?
>Tarn-x should take the corrosion off just fine, and a spray of contact
>preserver on them they should be good to go.

Already tried that but the (nice and green) corrosion is pretty deep
and has of course removed the plating from the contacts. :-(

IIRC you can use the same cage from Wizard of Wor, and GORF. That's a
lot easier to source than the connectors + their replacement unless
he's got the right equipment.

Mike Doyle

I should have mentioned I've got several spare sets of boards and cages
(only for GORF and Wizard of Wor though), email if your friend needs
one.

Mike Doyle

:
: There are two for each board to plug into, each being a 2 x 50 way.
:
: He's not sure of the pitch of these though - can anyone advise please?
:
: Also, can these connectors still be obtained?

I considered doing replacement cage interconnect PCBs in the past,
but the cost was prohibitive.

IIRC, the connectors are 1/8" spacing

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

On 11 Jul 2005 18:21:34 GMT, "Mark C. Spaeth"
<mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote:

>I considered doing replacement cage interconnect PCBs in the past,
>but the cost was prohibitive.

Always the case on low run items. :-(

>IIRC, the connectors are 1/8" spacing

Thanks.

On 11 Jul 2005 11:11:56 -0700, "syncbus@gmail.com" <syncbus@gmail.com>
wrote:

>IIRC you can use the same cage from Wizard of Wor, and GORF. That's a
>lot easier to source than the connectors + their replacement unless
>he's got the right equipment.

Most useful, cheers. :)

On 11 Jul 2005 15:08:14 -0700, "syncbus@gmail.com" <syncbus@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I should have mentioned I've got several spare sets of boards and cages
>(only for GORF and Wizard of Wor though), email if your friend needs
>one.

Cool - where are you, UK or US?