Which onboard antenna connector WET11 v2?

Just bought a pigtail MMCX to NMale wich was said to fit the PCMCIA
radio card of the WET11.
But upon opening the unit I saw that the v2 has an Agere onboard
chipset instead of PCMCIA card, which makes my pigtail useless.....
From the RP-SMA antenna connector there is a tiny 4" pigtail to the
connector soldered on the PCB.

Does anybody know the name of this tiny onboard connector?

Arne

---
I can be reached at:

Might be a Hirose style connector/switch. MS-147. Check the www.digikey.com web site.
Pigtail cable for it is $20. The ones I've seen are 3x4mm, real tiny.
It could also be a U.FL connector, but the MS-147 connector/switch appears to be used on Netgear and Dlink cards.

Cheers

"Arne Nåtedal" <anatedal.r_e_m_o_v_e@c2i.net.invalid> wrote in message news:n4co705n9dikc47ti3jfp0tv2tn27accn0@4ax.com...
> Just bought a pigtail MMCX to NMale wich was said to fit the PCMCIA
> radio card of the WET11.
> But upon opening the unit I saw that the v2 has an Agere onboard
> chipset instead of PCMCIA card, which makes my pigtail useless.....
> From the RP-SMA antenna connector there is a tiny 4" pigtail to the
> connector soldered on the PCB.
>
> Does anybody know the name of this tiny onboard connector?
>
> Arne
>
> ---
> I can be reached at:

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:52:43 GMT, "Martin Riddle"
<martinriddle@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Might be a Hirose style connector/switch. MS-147. Check the www.digikey.com web site.
>Pigtail cable for it is $20. The ones I've seen are 3x4mm, real tiny.
>It could also be a U.FL connector, but the MS-147 connector/switch appears to be used on Netgear and Dlink cards.

Thanks a lot, it is the U.FL thing from Hirose!

Found a 6" pigtail U.FL <--> SMA Female bhd at www.fab-corp.com but
it appears as they don't have SMA male <--> N Male adapters in stock
so I'll return the pigtails for a refund and simply use a RP SMA Male
<--> N Male adapter between the WET11's built-in connector and my N
Female antenna cable.

(Would have been wise to have a look inside the WET11 PRIOR to
ordering pigtails in the first place, eh? ;-) )

Arne

--
I can be reached at:

>Found a 6" pigtail U.FL <--> SMA Female bhd at www.fab-corp.com but
>it appears as they don't have SMA male <--> N Male adapters in stock
>so I'll return the pigtails for a refund and simply use a RP SMA Male
><--> N Male adapter between the WET11's built-in connector and my N
>Female antenna cable.

Why not use the RP-SMA connector on the outside for the pigtail?
Are your trying to minimize the amount of connectors on the cable?

/Jan

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:25:23 +0200, Jan Bachman <ymerdyr@image.dk>
wrote:

>Why not use the RP-SMA connector on the outside for the pigtail?
>Are your trying to minimize the amount of connectors on the cable?

You're right. First I ordered a 10' WBC-400 with RP-SMA Male <--> N
Male from Hyperlinktech but after a lot of fooling around in the
fields I suspect it not to function ok. The reception level is no
better when running a 14.5 dB radome Yagi on this cable than when
using the original rubber duck right on the unit, so I decided to
order new cables. Valentin here on the NG told me that RP-SMA on 400
series cable is no good. Do you know why?

As the mentioned WBC-400 is very stiff I am anxious for the strain on
the PCB-mounted RP-SMA in the WET11, so I decided to run a more
flexible pigtail the first inches.
Adding a pigtail from the RP-SMA I would have ended up with a total of
4 cable runs with junctions between them, so when I read a tip about
connecting directly to the MMCX connector of the radio card I decided
to do so.
But there is no radio card inside.....

Arne

---
I can be reached at:

>Valentin here on the NG told me that RP-SMA on 400
>series cable is no good. Do you know why?
No, sorry.

>As the mentioned WBC-400 is very stiff I am anxious for the strain on
>the PCB-mounted RP-SMA in the WET11, so I decided to run a more
>flexible pigtail the first inches.
Sounds like a good idea.

I use a 9dBi patch antenna with my WET11 v2. It's connected using the
RP-SMA on the unit. The gain in reception in my case is about 25-30%
over using the original antenna. And yes the cable is stiff indeed.
http://www.dmtonline.dk/images/products/brochure11cm_com.PDF

/Jan