I lost my Search function? How can I fix it?

When I try to use the search function, it tells me that a file is missing,
and I may have to run set up. I have run set up several times, and nothing
changes.
How can I fix this?
Thanks
Robert
1 answer Last reply
More about lost search function

    Hi Robert,

    Take a look at this article.
    Error Message: "A File That Is Required to Run Search Companion Cannot
    Be Found"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319949

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Robert wrote:
    > When I try to use the search function, it tells me that a
    > file is missing, and I may have to run set up. I have run
    > set up several times, and nothing changes.
    > How can I fix this?
    > Thanks
    > Robert

Support Microsoft Windows XP