Articles & News
Graphics & Displays
Tom's IT Pro
Login | Sign Up
The authority on tech
Laptop Tech Support
Laptop suggestions under $500
Sep 24, 2012, 8:35 AM
1. What is your budget? < $500
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Max screen size of 15.6. Somewhat light as I'll be carrying it around a lot.
3. What screen resolution do you want? at least 1366x768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable
5. How much battery life do you need? At least 3 hours on word processor
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mainly word processing, watch some videos
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 would be nice but not needed
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Sep 28, 2012
Sep 24, 2012, 9:54 AM
Sep 28, 2012, 8:55 AM
What do you think about these?
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Get the answer
Sep 28, 2012, 11:30 PM
<--- of the three, I'd go with this one (with the Lenovo coming in next)
Ask a new question
Laptop for under $400
New Laptop for Diablo 3 ?
New laptop for college
Hunting for a new gaming laptop.
I need a laptop for under $700
Need a new laptop
Help me choose a laptop (canada)
Looking for new laptop
Deciding to get a laptop for college
Subscribe to our newsletter
icon arrow stem circle
About Tom's Hardware
Licensing and Reprints
Other Shopsavvy sites
© 2018 Purch All Rights Reserved.