TECH: Ms Pac blowing fuses

I have a Ms Pac cocktail that blows the 2amp fuse on the input power. I
have no monitor connected, and no PCB. The fuse blows immediately on power
up. FWIW, the AC plug has no ground pin.

Are you sure you're then connecting the ac cord correctly (not flipping
hot/neutral) if it has no ground? Follow the wiring map from the manual and
triplecheck it's wired correctly for hot/neutral before going any farther
and rewire a new cord as well. Ground is there for a reason.

After that, check for a shorted AC transformer or isolation transformer
input winding.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:13:46 -0400, "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote:

>I have a Ms Pac cocktail that blows the 2amp fuse on the input power. I
>have no monitor connected, and no PCB. The fuse blows immediately on power
>up. FWIW, the AC plug has no ground pin.

Short? Grab your meter and start checking for shorts.

- Mike -

TRENDING THREADS