Forgotten Password

I have a computer that has only one administrator on it and they have
forgotten their password, is there anyway to get pass that point? The
password hint does not help either. What can be done to get onto this
computer?
--
mspeeches
4 answers Last reply

    Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    Forgot your admin password?

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "MsPeeches" wrote:

    | I have a computer that has only one administrator on it and they have
    | forgotten their password, is there anyway to get pass that point? The
    | password hint does not help either. What can be done to get onto this
    | computer?
    | --
    | mspeeches

    Thanks, but none of this information was helpful but I do appericate the
    help. Is there any other way to get around this situation?
    --
    mspeeches

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
    >
    > Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    > if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    > http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
    >
    > Forgot your admin password?
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "MsPeeches" wrote:
    >
    > | I have a computer that has only one administrator on it and they have
    > | forgotten their password, is there anyway to get pass that point? The
    > | password hint does not help either. What can be done to get onto this
    > | computer?
    > | --
    > | mspeeches

    If you can not get any of those options to work, take the computer to a
    reputable shop and they should have you in quickly.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "MsPeeches" <MsPeeches@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, but none of this information was helpful but I do appericate the
    > help. Is there any other way to get around this situation?
    > --
    > mspeeches
    >

    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
    >>
    >> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
    >>
    >> Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    >> if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    >> http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
    >>
    >> Forgot your admin password?
    >> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    What is it that these utilities don't do that you want?

    "MsPeeches" <MsPeeches@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, but none of this information was helpful but I do appericate the
    > help. Is there any other way to get around this situation?
    > --
    > mspeeches
    >

    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
    >>
    >> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
    >>
    >> Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    >> if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    >> http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
    >>
    >> Forgot your admin password?
    >> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    >> "MsPeeches" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I have a computer that has only one administrator on it and they have
    >> | forgotten their password, is there anyway to get pass that point? The
    >> | password hint does not help either. What can be done to get onto this
    >> | computer?
    >> | --
    >> | mspeeches

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP