Add/Remove Programs

Having updated from 98 to XP I've got some old programs left which I can see
in the list in add/remove programs. They don't have any size against them,
but when I try to remove them it says uninstall can't find them. How do I get
rid of these from the list?
Thanks for any help.

>> > Having updated from 98 to XP I've got some old programs left which I
>> > can
>> > see
>> > in the list in add/remove programs. They don't have any size against
>> > them,
>> > but when I try to remove them it says uninstall can't find them. How do
>> > get
>> > rid of these from the list?
>> > Thanks for any help.

You can also try the microsoft installer cleanup utility here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

This will automate the process, the only drawback is that it will only
work for programs that use the ms installer. Any programs that use
install shield etc will have to be removed using Ramesh's method.

Removing Invalid Entries in the Add/Remove Programs Tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310750

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"CAO8661ME" <CAO8661ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having updated from 98 to XP I've got some old programs left which I can
> see
> in the list in add/remove programs. They don't have any size against them,
> but when I try to remove them it says uninstall can't find them. How do I
> get
> rid of these from the list?
> Thanks for any help.

Thank you, worked fine.

Regards

Rod

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Removing Invalid Entries in the Add/Remove Programs Tool:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310750
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "CAO8661ME" <CAO8661ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Having updated from 98 to XP I've got some old programs left which I can
> > see
> > in the list in add/remove programs. They don't have any size against them,
> > but when I try to remove them it says uninstall can't find them. How do I
> > get
> > rid of these from the list?
> > Thanks for any help.

You're welcome Rod.