Slow response when i click on "My Computer" Icon

June 5, 2005 11:44:01 PM

I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse. All
of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.

Please help
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:30:25 PM

Hi,

See if this helps.

Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"wolfeman97" <wolfeman97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
> things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse.
> All
> of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
> anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.
>
> Please help
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:58:10 PM

When hard drives are in power down mode, opening My Computer requires disks
to spin up.
This may take 10 ... 30 sec. If this is the case, change your Energy
Management scheme or accept it.

HTH
John7

"wolfeman97" <wolfeman97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
> things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse.
All
> of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
> anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.
>
> Please help
Related resources
August 5, 2005 4:05:11 PM

"wolfeman97" wrote:

> I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
> things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse. All
> of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
> anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.
>
> Please help
August 5, 2005 4:07:06 PM

It turned out to be my scanner hp 4400c, just disconnected and retarted and
woking fine now.

!