Slow response when i click on "My Computer" Icon

I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse. All
of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.

Please help
4 answers Last reply
More about slow response click computer icon

    Hi,

    See if this helps.

    Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017
    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "wolfeman97" <wolfeman97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
    > things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse.
    > All
    > of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
    > anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.
    >
    > Please help

    When hard drives are in power down mode, opening My Computer requires disks
    to spin up.
    This may take 10 ... 30 sec. If this is the case, change your Energy
    Management scheme or accept it.

    HTH
    John7

    "wolfeman97" wrote:

    > I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
    > things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse. All
    > of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
    > anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.
    >
    > Please help

    It turned out to be my scanner hp 4400c, just disconnected and retarted and
    woking fine now.

    "wolfeman97" wrote:

    > I have an extremely slow response when I open up "My Computer". The same
    > things happens when I try and type in a web address, very slow repsonse. All
    > of the other progams on my computer work properly. I have ran several
    > anti-virus and spyware programs, and they all came back clean.
    >
    > Please help

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP