X64 Antivirus Software

I Just installed the latest and greatest Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
and i am trying to find antivirus software that supports the 64bit OS. Any
Ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about antivirus software

    > I Just installed the latest and greatest Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition
    > and i am trying to find antivirus software that supports the 64bit OS.
    Any
    > Ideas?

    Any virus scanner should work with X64, it will run 32 bit programs.

    "Raztax" <v_2todur@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I Just installed the latest and greatest Windows XP Professional x64
    > Edition
    >> and i am trying to find antivirus software that supports the 64bit OS.
    > Any
    >> Ideas?
    >

    > Any virus scanner should work with X64, it will run 32 bit programs.

    Not if that virus scanner is using a file system filter driver, as all
    drivers must be x64 specific.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Raztax" <v_2todur@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I Just installed the latest and greatest Windows XP Professional x64
    > Edition
    >> and i am trying to find antivirus software that supports the 64bit OS.
    > Any
    >> Ideas?
    >

    > Any virus scanner should work with X64, it will run 32 bit programs.

    Avast has a 64 bit version.

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Edge" <Edge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I Just installed the latest and greatest Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition
    > and i am trying to find antivirus software that supports the 64bit OS.
    Any
    > Ideas?

X64 Antivirus Software Windows XP Product