Disk Boot Failure

Moved sb sound card to new PCI slot. Sytem freezes on start up then rec's
error:
-Media test cable failure'
-pre-boot execution enironment error
-PXE-E61 Media test failure
-disk boot failure insert sytem disk...
I took sound card out tried to reboot same response I see mulitmedia in IRQ
in 5,9,11
I'm thinking it's the sound card but I can not get to the harddrives
Tried putting in CD but doies not help boot either.
The other problem is the I have 3 original XP prof CD's how can I tell what
serial # to use. I didn't remember which one I install on the sytem.
Thk U

"DEB. W." <DEBW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Moved sb sound card to new PCI slot. Sytem freezes on start up then rec's
> error:
> -Media test cable failure'
> -pre-boot execution enironment error
> -PXE-E61 Media test failure
> -disk boot failure insert sytem disk...
> I took sound card out tried to reboot same response I see mulitmedia in
> IRQ
> in 5,9,11
> I'm thinking it's the sound card but I can not get to the harddrives
> Tried putting in CD but doies not help boot either.
> The other problem is the I have 3 original XP prof CD's how can I tell
> what
> serial # to use. I didn't remember which one I install on the sytem.
> Thk U

Some adjacent slots on motherboards can share resources. But most likelt is
that a drive cable has been moved during the hardware installation- remove
and reseat the cables.