FOUND: Asteroids machine that Scott Safran used for world ..

My friend's co-worker saw a picture of him playing Robotron from a
party I had, and said if I would want to buy some games his dad had in
his basement that were'nt working. A few days later the guy says that
they are Asteroids an a Dolly Parton pinball, So I told my buddy to
tell him I'll take them, Even Though I have an Ateroids and don't care
for the Dolly pin. We meet the guy at his dads house and his dad said
they got them about 18 years ago or so, Then they stopped working not
long after that. Both games were so dirty you barely could see through
the glass, Then I saw some writing on the cardboard bezel with A
signiture "Scott Safran" 41,336,440. The side of the cab is signed but
was painted over with flat black, But you can still see it. Coin door
still has the sticker with All-American Billard & Shuffleboard Co. I'm
going to keep it the way it is and just clean it up, keeping it all
original, worn buttons and all. Power supply & cpu getting fixed now,
Just some burnt parts. The monitor still works great, Tried working
boards in it.

Steve
10 answers Last reply
More about found asteroids machine scott safran world

    I have tried contacting Walter Day, He has'nt returned my call as of
    yet. Scott sister Marcia, I'm tring to get in contact with her.

    Steve

    Hey!

    That's really cool. Here's a sad story of what happened to Scott:

    http://gershkuntzman.homestead.com/files/Asteriods.htm

    It appears Walter Day found his family in the end. Maybe you could give the
    machine to his sister? She says she was there the day he made that record.

    That would be a pretty awesome thing to do.

    Let us know what you do

    Oliver

    <pr0steve@aol.com> wrote in message
    > My friend's co-worker saw a picture of him playing Robotron from a
    > party I had, and said if I would want to buy some games his dad had in
    > his basement that were'nt working. A few days later the guy says that
    > they are Asteroids an a Dolly Parton pinball, So I told my buddy to
    > tell him I'll take them, Even Though I have an Ateroids and don't care
    > for the Dolly pin. We meet the guy at his dads house and his dad said
    > they got them about 18 years ago or so, Then they stopped working not
    > long after that. Both games were so dirty you barely could see through
    > the glass, Then I saw some writing on the cardboard bezel with A
    > signiture "Scott Safran" 41,336,440. The side of the cab is signed but
    > was painted over with flat black, But you can still see it. Coin door
    > still has the sticker with All-American Billard & Shuffleboard Co. I'm
    > going to keep it the way it is and just clean it up, keeping it all
    > original, worn buttons and all. Power supply & cpu getting fixed now,
    > Just some burnt parts. The monitor still works great, Tried working
    > boards in it.
    >
    > Steve

    Hey Steve,

    That is pretty damn awesome of you.

    Good things can surely only come of this!

    >I have tried contacting Walter Day, He has'nt returned my call as of
    > yet. Scott sister Marcia, I'm tring to get in contact with her.
    >
    > Steve

    one of the best things to happen to rgvac this year!

    Now that's a great and sad story all rolled into one. I'm glad you have
    found this machine. Something nostalgic about it.

    --
    Ian
    The Pinny Parlour

    http://www.thepinnyparlour.com

    IPM Invader - http://www.geocities.com/ipminvader

    any pictures of the cabinet you can post??

    Hoops
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Its probably this dated one:

    http://www.orphanvideogames.com/scott_safran1.jpg

    tim (NH)

    "Hoopstar" <hr350@adam.com.au> wrote in message
    > any pictures of the cabinet you can post??
    >
    > Hoops

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Here is some pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/85077312@N00/
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Incredibly cool. History is everything. So glad you have saved a part of
    ours :)

    pr0steve@aol.com wrote:
    > Here is some pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/85077312@N00/

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    Wow, great story. Thanks for sharing.

    Andy

    "Alpha1" <inbox@NOSPAMarcadeoll.com> wrote in message
    > Hey!
    >
    > That's really cool. Here's a sad story of what happened to Scott:
    >
    > http://gershkuntzman.homestead.com/files/Asteriods.htm
    >
    > It appears Walter Day found his family in the end. Maybe you could give
    > the machine to his sister? She says she was there the day he made that
    > record.
    >
    > That would be a pretty awesome thing to do.
    >
    > Let us know what you do
    >
    > Oliver
    >

    > <pr0steve@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> My friend's co-worker saw a picture of him playing Robotron from a
    >> party I had, and said if I would want to buy some games his dad had in
    >> his basement that were'nt working. A few days later the guy says that
    >> they are Asteroids an a Dolly Parton pinball, So I told my buddy to
    >> tell him I'll take them, Even Though I have an Ateroids and don't care
    >> for the Dolly pin. We meet the guy at his dads house and his dad said
    >> they got them about 18 years ago or so, Then they stopped working not
    >> long after that. Both games were so dirty you barely could see through
    >> the glass, Then I saw some writing on the cardboard bezel with A
    >> signiture "Scott Safran" 41,336,440. The side of the cab is signed but
    >> was painted over with flat black, But you can still see it. Coin door
    >> still has the sticker with All-American Billard & Shuffleboard Co. I'm
    >> going to keep it the way it is and just clean it up, keeping it all
    >> original, worn buttons and all. Power supply & cpu getting fixed now,
    >> Just some burnt parts. The monitor still works great, Tried working
    >> boards in it.
    >>
    >> Steve

Games Video Games