I'd like a 15" laptop with a dedicated graphics card so that I can run some games on it - and run them well. I'd also like it to be somewhat lightweight because I will bring it to college.
Note: I DO NOT WANT a num pad. Ugh. I understand that gaming laptops have them, but I really hate them. They're useless, I'll never use it for gaming, and they take up space!
1. What is your budget?$800 - $1200.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13 - 15 inches.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Whatever's best...? Don't know. As long as it doesn't look funny.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Only portable, I have to bring it to classes.
5. How much battery life do you need? Upwards of 3 hours would be great.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)? Star Wars: The Old Republic (Medium-High) & World of Warcraft (High).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Gaming, schoolwork, constant internet surfing, photoshop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 240 gigabytes or so.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc? DVD read/write.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Don't really like Dell, but that's just a personal bias. No real reason for it.
One other thing...My boyfriend recently purchased a Dell XPS L502x laptop.
Has these specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz & 2.20 GHz.
8 GB RAM
Seems to work really well for gaming. At least, he runs Star Wars and WoW on medium to high graphics. It's also 15" and he got it on sale for $800. So it's pretty awesome, really, considering what I'd like out of a laptop. But I believe it's now discontinued and I would hate to mix up our laptops all the time (But if you can find it online for $800, please send me the link to it! =D ) So what's comparable-ish to this one? Is it even considered good by a lot of people?