Change Microsoft Support Website Language

Hello All:

Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the Microsoft
Support Website comes up in?

Thanks a lot in advance!

- Rajesh
9 answers Last reply
More about change microsoft support website language

    Use the version of windows XP that supports the language you want to
    use?

    Go here and pick a country...
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

    Microsoft Srbija i Crna Gora
    http://www.microsoft.com/scg/

    Microsoft Ceská republika: Hlavní stránka
    http://www.microsoft.com/cze/

    Tervetuloa Suomen Microsoftin sivuille
    http://www.microsoft.com/finland/default.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:d80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com,
    Rajesh Shenoy <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
    > Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!
    >
    > - Rajesh

    Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab - - Languages

    Web sites start at the top and work down till they find a language they can support. EG If Urdu is first and French second and you go to a web site that only supports french or english then you'll get a french page.

    "Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com...
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the Microsoft
    > Support Website comes up in?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!
    >
    > - Rajesh

    Thanks for the mail, Raztax.

    My XP is English-only (not even a multi-lingual version), but portions of
    the website, for some strange reason, come up in Hindi.

    - Rajesh

    "Raztax" <v_2todur@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Use the version of windows XP that supports the language you want to
    > use?

    Thanks for the mail, David.

    That was the first thing I checked - it DID have Hindi (only) in the list,
    but I removed it, and added "English [en]" for good measure. I even
    re-booted the machine. But portions of the website still come up in Hindi.

    Is there anything else that I can try?

    - Rajesh

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab - - Languages

    Web sites start at the top and work down till they find a language they can
    support. EG If Urdu is first and French second and you go to a web site that
    only supports french or english then you'll get a french page.

    "Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
    > Microsoft
    > Support Website comes up in?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!
    >
    > - Rajesh

    Thanks for the mail, Wesley.

    I tried your suggestion, but the problem still persists. I even ensured that
    the list of languages in Tools->Internet Options->Languages contains only
    one entry "English [en]".

    Anything else I can try?

    - Rajesh

    > Go here and pick a country...
    > http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/
    >

    > Microsoft Srbija i Crna Gora
    > http://www.microsoft.com/scg/
    >
    > Microsoft Ceská republika: Hlavní stránka
    > http://www.microsoft.com/cze/
    >
    > Tervetuloa Suomen Microsoftin sivuille
    > http://www.microsoft.com/finland/default.mspx
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:d80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com,
    > Rajesh Shenoy <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Hello All:
    >>
    >> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
    >> Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot in advance!
    >>
    >> - Rajesh

    I solved this issue myself - thought I'll file the solution here for
    posterity :)

    1. In IE->Tools->Internet Options->Languages, I deleted ALL the languages.
    2. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Cookies.
    3. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Files->Delete All
    Offline Content.

    That did it!

    - Rajesh

    "Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
    > Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!
    >
    > - Rajesh

    Glad to hear it, Rajesh! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:d83bpi$31s$1@newshost.mot.com,
    Rajesh Shenoy <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I solved this issue myself - thought I'll file the solution here for
    > posterity :)
    >
    > 1. In IE->Tools->Internet Options->Languages, I deleted ALL the languages.
    > 2. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Cookies.
    > 3. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Files->Delete
    > All Offline Content.
    >
    > That did it!
    >
    > - Rajesh
    >
    > "Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello All:
    >>
    >> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
    >> Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot in advance!
    >>
    >> - Rajesh

    Interesting, thanks for posting the fix, I'll have to remember that.

Support Microsoft Windows XP