Change Microsoft Support Website Language

Tags:
  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 6, 2005 2:20:12 PM

Hello All:

Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the Microsoft
Support Website comes up in?

Thanks a lot in advance!

- Rajesh

More about : change microsoft support website language

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:20:13 PM

Use the version of windows XP that supports the language you want to
use?
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:20:13 PM

Go here and pick a country...
http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Microsoft Srbija i Crna Gora
http://www.microsoft.com/scg/

Microsoft Ceská republika: Hlavní stránka
http://www.microsoft.com/cze/

Tervetuloa Suomen Microsoftin sivuille
http://www.microsoft.com/finland/default.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com,
Rajesh Shenoy <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello All:
>
> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
> Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> - Rajesh
June 7, 2005 12:07:12 AM

Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab - - Languages

Web sites start at the top and work down till they find a language they can support. EG If Urdu is first and French second and you go to a web site that only supports french or english then you'll get a french page.

"Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D 80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com...
> Hello All:
>
> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the Microsoft
> Support Website comes up in?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> - Rajesh

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:51:48 PM

Thanks for the mail, Raztax.

My XP is English-only (not even a multi-lingual version), but portions of
the website, for some strange reason, come up in Hindi.

- Rajesh

"Raztax" <v_2todur@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Use the version of windows XP that supports the language you want to
> use?

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:54:47 PM

Thanks for the mail, David.

That was the first thing I checked - it DID have Hindi (only) in the list,
but I removed it, and added "English [en]" for good measure. I even
re-booted the machine. But portions of the website still come up in Hindi.

Is there anything else that I can try?

- Rajesh

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
news:o J4$H%23naFHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab - - Languages

Web sites start at the top and work down till they find a language they can
support. EG If Urdu is first and French second and you go to a web site that
only supports french or english then you'll get a french page.

"Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com...
> Hello All:
>
> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
> Microsoft
> Support Website comes up in?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> - Rajesh

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:57:37 PM

Thanks for the mail, Wesley.

I tried your suggestion, but the problem still persists. I even ensured that
the list of languages in Tools->Internet Options->Languages contains only
one entry "English [en]".

Anything else I can try?

- Rajesh

> Go here and pick a country...
> http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/
>

> Microsoft Srbija i Crna Gora
> http://www.microsoft.com/scg/
>
> Microsoft Ceská republika: Hlavní stránka
> http://www.microsoft.com/cze/
>
> Tervetuloa Suomen Microsoftin sivuille
> http://www.microsoft.com/finland/default.mspx
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com,
> Rajesh Shenoy <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Hello All:
>>
>> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
>> Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance!
>>
>> - Rajesh

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 3:06:11 PM

I solved this issue myself - thought I'll file the solution here for
posterity :)

1. In IE->Tools->Internet Options->Languages, I deleted ALL the languages.
2. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Cookies.
3. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Files->Delete All
Offline Content.

That did it!

- Rajesh

"Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com...
> Hello All:
>
> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
> Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> - Rajesh

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 9:38:03 PM

Glad to hear it, Rajesh! :-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 83bpi$31s$1@newshost.mot.com,
Rajesh Shenoy <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I solved this issue myself - thought I'll file the solution here for
> posterity :)
>
> 1. In IE->Tools->Internet Options->Languages, I deleted ALL the languages.
> 2. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Cookies.
> 3. Clicked the button IE->Tools->Internet Options->Delete Files->Delete
> All Offline Content.
>
> That did it!
>
> - Rajesh
>
> "Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 80knd$qm5$1@newshost.mot.com...
>> Hello All:
>>
>> Could anyone please tell me how I can change the langauge that the
>> Microsoft Support Website comes up in?
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance!
>>
>> - Rajesh
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 7:48:39 AM

Interesting, thanks for posting the fix, I'll have to remember that.
!