Vertical Scrollbar Problem

June 6, 2005 2:23:15 AM

Periodically when I click and drag the verticle scrollbar it no longer
functions correctly. Let me see if I can describe what happens:

This is difficult to explain, but basically:

The scrollbar can move in any direction, up, down, left, or right (but
can only be dragged within the area that would have been controlled by
the scrollbar)

The area controlled by the scrollbar is resized by dragging. There are
dotted lines that appear. If I resize the area to something smaller
than the original area controled by the scrollbar, the area between the
new, resized area and the original area is white.

The size of the scrollbar will change as I resize the area controlled
by the scrollbar. If I make the area smaller, the scrollbar becomes
proportionately shorter and if I make the area larger, the scrollbar
becomes longer.

The size of the area controlled by the scrollbar cannot be made larger
than the original area controlled by the scrollbar.

When I say resize, I just mean the size of the area that the scrollbar
controls. The scale of the content within the area does not change.

The horizontal scrollbar still functions throughout all of this.

This only happens periodically. I can't find a pattern as to when my
scrollbar will work normally and when it will not. It tends to happen
most in Office OneNote, but has also happened using other apps
including Internet Explorer.

Can someone please help me solve this mysterious behavior?
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:26:01 PM

I have the same problem and could not find help anywhere.
!