at last I am beaten, I give up

sorry guys but I am a beaten man, I am throwing in the towel. I cannot stay
connected to msn messenger 7.0 it keeps signing me out, my kids are giving
me a hard time, as is my wife. I cannot also stay connected to any irc room,
I get disconnected within minutes

I am also having problems opening web pages using ie6. If I clear my cache
and
clear cookies and temp folders then it seems to work for about 10 pages then
it grinds to a halt. The only way that I can get the pages to open is to
constantly refresh and even this doesnt work all the time.

The problem seems to be with ms antispyware, this program has a feature
called tracks eraser which supposedly clears your surfing history, well it
does and it doesnt. It removes traces from your browser but the temp folder
is still full of cookies and temp files, the more congested this gets the
slower the pages seem to take in opening. This is now becoming very annoying
as I cannot find any advice on Google other than to empty my cookies,
history and temp files.

Below is a list of what action I have taken

I have uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it.
I have run Adaware with full updates >>>> No Problems
I have run Spybot S&D >>>>>>> No Problems
I have run a full AV scan>>>>>>>>>> No Problems
I have run diskeeper>>>>>>>>> Fully Defragged
I have run Keylogger Hunter>>>>>> No Problems
I have run CWS Shredder >>>>>> No Problems
I have run Hijackthis >>>>>>>> No Problems

I am running win xp home SP2 on a home wireless network

I have 1mb BroadBand connection

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I will post back if any of your tips
work

Just for kicks, try hooking one of the pc's directly to the modem and
see if you still have the same problems. Personally, I hate wireless,
it's insecure and so many things can interfere with the signal
(cordless phones, aquariums, electrical appliances etc etc etc)

If you are having a problem with your sessions timing out on all
computers on the network, then the problem is probably in the network
setup or something is interfering with your wireless signal.

Barry

Timax45 wrote:
> sorry guys but I am a beaten man, I am throwing in the towel. I cannot stay
> connected to msn messenger 7.0 it keeps signing me out, my kids are giving
> me a hard time, as is my wife. I cannot also stay connected to any irc room,
> I get disconnected within minutes
>

> I am also having problems opening web pages using ie6. If I clear my cache
> and
> clear cookies and temp folders then it seems to work for about 10 pages then
> it grinds to a halt. The only way that I can get the pages to open is to
> constantly refresh and even this doesnt work all the time.
>
> The problem seems to be with ms antispyware, this program has a feature
> called tracks eraser which supposedly clears your surfing history, well it
> does and it doesnt. It removes traces from your browser but the temp folder
> is still full of cookies and temp files, the more congested this gets the
> slower the pages seem to take in opening. This is now becoming very annoying
> as I cannot find any advice on Google other than to empty my cookies,
> history and temp files.
>
> Below is a list of what action I have taken
>
> I have uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it.
> I have run Adaware with full updates >>>> No Problems
> I have run Spybot S&D >>>>>>> No Problems
> I have run a full AV scan>>>>>>>>>> No Problems
> I have run diskeeper>>>>>>>>> Fully Defragged
> I have run Keylogger Hunter>>>>>> No Problems
> I have run CWS Shredder >>>>>> No Problems
> I have run Hijackthis >>>>>>>> No Problems
>
> I am running win xp home SP2 on a home wireless network
>
> I have 1mb BroadBand connection
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I will post back if any of your tips
> work

I had something similar after my cable company ran a bit of cat5 to my
room with the pc. It turned out to be rubbish and after months of trying
to figure out what the hell it was, I threw some cat5 down the stairs
and straight into the modem. Problem solved.

So it sounds like a problem with your wireless.

In article <#C4enLmaFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, noanswer@hotmail.com
says...
> sorry guys but I am a beaten man, I am throwing in the towel. I cannot stay
> connected to msn messenger 7.0 it keeps signing me out, my kids are giving
> me a hard time, as is my wife. I cannot also stay connected to any irc room,
> I get disconnected within minutes
>

> I am also having problems opening web pages using ie6. If I clear my cache
> and
> clear cookies and temp folders then it seems to work for about 10 pages then
> it grinds to a halt. The only way that I can get the pages to open is to
> constantly refresh and even this doesnt work all the time.
>
> The problem seems to be with ms antispyware, this program has a feature
> called tracks eraser which supposedly clears your surfing history, well it
> does and it doesnt. It removes traces from your browser but the temp folder
> is still full of cookies and temp files, the more congested this gets the
> slower the pages seem to take in opening. This is now becoming very annoying
> as I cannot find any advice on Google other than to empty my cookies,
> history and temp files.
>
> Below is a list of what action I have taken
>
> I have uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it.
> I have run Adaware with full updates >>>> No Problems
> I have run Spybot S&D >>>>>>> No Problems
> I have run a full AV scan>>>>>>>>>> No Problems
> I have run diskeeper>>>>>>>>> Fully Defragged
> I have run Keylogger Hunter>>>>>> No Problems
> I have run CWS Shredder >>>>>> No Problems
> I have run Hijackthis >>>>>>>> No Problems
>
> I am running win xp home SP2 on a home wireless network
>
> I have 1mb BroadBand connection

Things to check:

1) Stop using wireless, see if it works WIRED.

2) Call the ISP and ask them if the signal levels are OK on your
connection.

3) Replace all cables (network).

4) If that doesn't work, setup a PING test as follows:
PING -t IP_OF_BROADBAND_ROUTER
Let it run for a while (10 minutes) and see if you get an errors

5) If that doesn't show an error, do the same with the ISP's
default gateway address:
PING -t IP_OF_ISP_GATEWAY
Let it run for a while and see if you get any errors

6) Boot in safe-mode-with-network support and try the PINGs to
see if you stop getting errors (if you did in 5 / 6 above).

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me