User Account Icon Missing

I don't think I've changed anything on my pc that would cause this. I
tried to click on my user account icon to get into my account. The
first problem is when it asks for a password I type in my usual
password and it asks "did you forget your password", I've been using
the same password for a long time. SO I restarted my pc, then the icon
was TOTALLY GONE. I was able to get in under admin and another acct
that I don't really use too much. I looked under Cntl panel/User
accounts and my acct didn't show up. I retrieved a 'System Restor
point' from a week ago. I powered off my pc for a bit and then back on.
The icon was back, I ran a virus and adware scan. Thought I was okay,
left my pc alone for a bit, came back to log on and the icon was gone
again. Restarted my pc, still gone. Powered it off for a while, and
it's back. It will probably persist. Can anyone HELP????
Submariner70@Cox.Net (no spam please)

--
submariner70

See if this works to open User Accounts...

Start | Run | Type: nusrmgr.cpl | Click OK

Try one of these fixes...

Read the insatructions at the top
Scroll down to...

28. Control Panel Icons are Missing

203. Restore Display Icon in Control Panel

256. Restore the Control Panel

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes