Montreal subway

Last response: in Network Providers
November 24, 2004 12:41:38 AM

When is Rogers/Fido going to come to an agreement with Bell to let
their customers use Bell's infrastructure in the subway? I hate all
those smug Bell bastards pretending to be on the phone while they ride
the train.

More about : montreal subway

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 2:08:44 AM

Joey Ford wrote:

> When is Rogers/Fido going to come to an agreement with Bell to let
> their customers use Bell's infrastructure in the subway? I hate all
> those smug Bell bastards pretending to be on the phone while they ride
> the train.

very unlikely since bell uses the proprietary qualcomm technology which is not
compatible with that of fido/rogers.

Besides, when the metro is in motion, it is far too noisy to actually hold a
conversation. Having SMS/GPRS would be neat though.

Montreal isn't an important market for Rogers. It is a "foreign" company like
Telus, trying to do business in Bell's stronghold.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Bell signed some sweet deal with the STCUM
(or whatever its name is this week) which gives it some exclusive coverage in
its infrastructure for X years to allow Bell to brag about it in its ads.
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 7:44:29 AM

Joey Ford wrote:
> When is Rogers/Fido going to come to an agreement with Bell to let
> their customers use Bell's infrastructure in the subway? I hate all
> those smug Bell bastards pretending to be on the phone while they ride
> the train.

why on earth would you want to talk on the train.
in addition to it being very rude, there is a total lack of privacy.
November 24, 2004 7:44:30 AM

buggerbuggerbugger <bugger@orf.com> wrote in news:NkUod.317364$nl.51062
@pd7tw3no:

> Joey Ford wrote:
>> When is Rogers/Fido going to come to an agreement with Bell to let
>> their customers use Bell's infrastructure in the subway? I hate all
>> those smug Bell bastards pretending to be on the phone while they ride
>> the train.
>>
> why on earth would you want to talk on the train.
> in addition to it being very rude, there is a total lack of privacy.

i've come close to blows with people chatting on the freakin streetcar. so
rude and offensive.
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 8:32:32 PM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 04:44:29 GMT, buggerbuggerbugger <bugger@orf.com>
wrote:

>Joey Ford wrote:
>> When is Rogers/Fido going to come to an agreement with Bell to let
>> their customers use Bell's infrastructure in the subway? I hate all
>> those smug Bell bastards pretending to be on the phone while they ride
>> the train.
>>
>why on earth would you want to talk on the train.

Because I can.
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 10:45:25 PM

In article <41a3f482.21267031@nntp2.usenetserver.com>,
Joey Ford <me@here.NOSPAM> wrote:
>When is Rogers/Fido going to come to an agreement with Bell to let
>their customers use Bell's infrastructure in the subway? I hate all
>those smug Bell bastards pretending to be on the phone while they ride
>the train.

I seem to have signal in the Peel metro station, and a bit into the tunnels.
Maybe just luck, or maybe they're quietly working on it.
By "seem to have", I mean the display shows a signal but I didn't try using it.
David

David Gaudine, Systems Analyst, School of Graduate Studies
Concordia University, Montreal davidg@alcor.concordia.ca
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 5:55:07 PM

No provider actually cover the montreal subway. Some got coverage in some
stations maybe bell gor more than fido/rogers but not in the tunnels excepr
the peel/mcgill sector. I often take the subway in montreal and I saw just
one time a guy talking on the phone and it's a teenager probably faking it.
I heard some providers try to make a deal with the STM (transport authority)
to cover it but it's not done yet.

!