Need high score saver suggestions.

I've got everything set up so I want to do them now. Just did Jr Pac,
Pacman, Ms Pac bootleg, Galaxian, (including Uniwars, Moon alien etc),
Bubble Bobble. Anyone need any thing else that uses a z80?

Thanks,
Dave

PS Before anyone asks Missle Command doesn't use a Z80.

D Widel wrote:
> I've got everything set up so I want to do them now. Just did Jr Pac,
> Pacman, Ms Pac bootleg, Galaxian, (including Uniwars, Moon alien etc),
> Bubble Bobble. Anyone need any thing else that uses a z80?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> PS Before anyone asks Missle Command doesn't use a Z80.

You did Bubble Bobble?! Do you have some kits ready to sell? I could
use four, if you do.

-Andy C

--
Don't forget to remove the "Vegetable" from my email address to write me
directly!

Yes, I just didn't think anyone played Kangaroo :) Seriously though, I
don't have that board. There'd have to be several people interested
before I went out and got a board to do a kit.

I'm probably going to do some kind of limited beta test first.

Kangaroo has a 'fake' free play built in. I have a genric cabineted roo
that needs not only a save kit, but a new cabinet, bezel and control
panel as well if anyone has one.... I also have a spare board that I
would take a kit for, so if the price is right count me in for 2 at
least....

D Widel wrote:

> I'm probably going to do some kind of limited beta test first.

I would be happy to help with that. The boards I have are the US, Japan
and US Mode-select.

--
Don't forget to remove the "Vegetable" from my email address to write me
directly!
(Note new email address... old ones: cassLeekady99@comcast.net and
cassTomatoadya@dimensional.com will continue to work-The choice is yours
which one to use!)

RallyX, Gorf & Cosmic Alien (dunno about the processor on that!) are
the cabs that i have that don't have high score save...

Cosmic Alien i guess is somewhat out, but i'd definately like Gorf and
RallyX, would make for great competition round here

:and it wouldn't need a sub-board... just drop in a non-volatile
ram, and rewrite the code not to trash the high score table on boot.

Yes, but I can't sell that ;)

I'll be in touch with you guys about the jr pac kits when the parts
come in and I have a definate time frame.

The suggestion was made for a board that will work on mr do's wild
ride, mr do's castle, mr do vs the unicorns, jumping jack, and kick
rider. Anyone interested in those?

gorf has a card rack I don't know how the clearance would be. I doubt
there's many people with cosmic alien. Rally X is a possible though.
If there's some votes for that I'll see about getting a board.

I will need a tester for BB in about a week, you'd better email me, I
don't know how to email you as google trashes the email addresses.

In answer to some other questions emailed me.

Yes, I do have a web site: www.widel.com

No, none of these boards will run more than one game, they use whatever
romset you are running on your board. They work exactly like mame
works. They swap in nvram after the ram is cleared. That is why the
same board can work on several different games. This make it easy for
me since I don't have to worry about fooling the rom check or patching
code. Some other simple changes are possible too, like speed up in pac
or fast shoot in galaxian. This also means Namco can't say anything at
all about my boards as they contain no code that's not copyrighted by
me.

Dave

Is Kangaroo and Arabian Z80?

Seriously i'd love a Kangaroo one

"D Widel" <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got everything set up so I want to do them now. Just did Jr Pac,
> Pacman, Ms Pac bootleg, Galaxian, (including Uniwars, Moon alien etc),
> Bubble Bobble. Anyone need any thing else that uses a z80?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> PS Before anyone asks Missle Command doesn't use a Z80.

I'm just doing the score. If you want counters too I can probably do
that too. Would anyone not want counters?

Dave

I haven't done the clearing on the high scores yet. Right now I just
pull the nvram and program it with the blank image. :) I'm going to
try to do something with the dips, like turning them all on or
something. Not sure if that will work as they are tricky on some of
their inputs. I may have to do a jumper on my board. So yeah it might
be a problem to clear them seperately but I will look into it.

D Widel wrote:

> I'm just doing the score. If you want counters too I can probably do
> that too. Would anyone not want counters?
>
> Dave

There's no reason not to do them... They all roll-over; so there would
be no harm in saving them. I am all for it.

Will there be some way to reset them manually?(not too important; though
some special features of the game are only triggered by entering
specific initials on the high score list) It would be even cooler to
have a way to select saving both high scores and counters, saving the
counters without saving the high scores and vice versa.... seems like
that could get tricky.

-Andy C

--
Don't forget to remove the "Vegetable" from my email address to write me
directly!
(Note new email address... old ones: cassLeekady99@comcast.net and
cassTomatoadya@dimensional.com will continue to work-The choice is yours
which one to use!)

Steven Zeuner <szeuner@comcast.net> wrote:
: Reactor? Dunno what that uses.

8080... and it wouldn't need a sub-board... just drop in a non-volatile
ram, and rewrite the code not to trash the high score table on boot.

It's the same board a qbert anyway.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

D Widel <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote:
: :and it wouldn't need a sub-board... just drop in a non-volatile
: ram, and rewrite the code not to trash the high score table on boot.
:
: Yes, but I can't sell that ;)
:
: I'll be in touch with you guys about the jr pac kits when the parts
: come in and I have a definate time frame.
:
: The suggestion was made for a board that will work on mr do's wild
: ride, mr do's castle, mr do vs the unicorns, jumping jack, and kick
: rider. Anyone interested in those?

Same deal... replace a 6116 and burn new roms :)

--

Martin White <guddler@gmail.com> wrote:
: RallyX, Gorf & Cosmic Alien (dunno about the processor on that!) are
: the cabs that i have that don't have high score save...

Gorf has a provision for high score save built into the hardware, but
it was never implemented (which is probably a good thing, since the high
score save batteries are what killed all the Robby Rotos).

My replacement CPU board had a NOVRAM on it, but I never got around to
debugging it :)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Some games I have with Z80 but no high score save:

Early Stern/Konami Games:
The End (CPU is on top board, rather than bottom board)
Scramble
Super Cobra
Amidar
Turtles
Strategy-X
Jungler
Lost Tomb
Moon War

Gremlin:
Head On

Any of these would be cool to have high score saves for...

Timothy

"D Widel" <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got everything set up so I want to do them now. Just did Jr Pac,
> Pacman, Ms Pac bootleg, Galaxian, (including Uniwars, Moon alien etc),
> Bubble Bobble. Anyone need any thing else that uses a z80?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> PS Before anyone asks Missle Command doesn't use a Z80.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:20:35 -0600, Erisian Amusements
<erisian_amusements@comBroccolicast.net> wrote:

>You did Bubble Bobble?!

That's cool news. But:

Does the Bubble Bobble kit save the special items counters
too or just the high scores?

I love Bubble Bobble, but it gets boring starting all the
counters at zero all the time (because you just turned it
on at home) instead of having them all semi-random based
on how much it's been played that day in the arcade.

-Iain

Oh, go on, you know you WANT to debug it ;)

Not that i can talk, i only got half way through drawing up the
schematics for that custom replacement last week (or was it the week
before) and now that hasn't been touched since! All i need is another
free night to finish that though...

Seriously though, Gorf high score save would be really cool Mark.
There's a lot of people in the UK can get some really obscene scores
(not me unfortunately). I'm sure there are in the US too.

Martin.

Reactor has already been done.

Matt

On 11 Jul 2005 19:48:29 -0700, "D Widel" <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm just doing the score. If you want counters too I can probably do
>that too. Would anyone not want counters?

My opinion is (obviously) for the counters. ;) It would be the only
way short of playing BB for many hours to get it to behave in the home
as it does in an arcade environment.

Being able to reset everything (score, counters) to zero would be
useful too.

Any idea what the price range on this will be?

-Iain, budgeting already

Sega G80 systems (Elimator, Zektor, Tac/Scan, Space Fury, Star Trek,
Astro Blaster, 005, Space Odyssey, Monster Bash, etc)

I'd buy one for Eliminator in a minute.