Worst Video Card of all time?

Pace_Scare_Cloud

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2005
What is the worst video card of all time? To me, Saphire 9800 SE is the WORST VIDEO CARD of all time, it fails me so many times, and it is not stable at all! Although it is a cheap card with a little bit better performance than 9600 pro...IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!......
What is the worst video card to everybody? Give me your opinion ...help customers to avoid those awful cards...

No.

Ok, you twisted my arm...

any of the Nvidia FX series.

a.k.a Nvidia No FX :tongue:

rofl

technically the worst vid card one be one of the first gens...but I can't be bothered looking for out dated benchmarks to choose the crappiest card of all time :lol:

cleeve

Illustrious
The Xabre suxxors more than the GeforceFX could ever suck in it's wildest sucking dreams of suck.

dhlucke

Polypheme
FX5800U....hands down the laughing stock of the video card world.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

not that I'm disputing you, but why? (I have no idea the specs / bench results of this card)

dhlucke

Polypheme
It was too heavy, too noisy, too hot, and it was too damn slow.

Man those were good days when we bagged on that card non stop.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

cleeve

Illustrious
More importantly, the 5800 was touted by Nvidia as the 9700 PRO killer, when it's performance is far closer to the 9600 PRO in real life... even beneath the 9600 PRO when it comes to DirectX 9 stuff.

The 5800 is the knife Nvidia bought to Ati's gunfight...

CowMan

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003
Matrox Parhelia. Sorry, but that was and still is an overpriced piece of silicon trash. It has the worst performance of any card that I've seen for that price and even years after its release it still sets uneducated consumers back $330. Wow.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Barton 2500+ (stock)
Leadtek K7NCR18-D nforce2
2x256mb Geil pc-3200
Audigy Platinum
WD 80gb SE
BFG GeForce 6800GT OC

Whatever dude. :tongue:

Show me another card with better 2D for the price (still tops of pro-sumer), or has surround gaming period.

Anywhoo, worst of all time, you really need to do more research on BAD if you think the Para's in THAT league.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Two cards/series not mentioned that deserve a note;

The XGI Volari Duo V8

and

S3 Savages

But the Xabres are a wise choice in the top of the list. :lol:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Saphire 9800 SE is the WORST VIDEO CARD of all time
fine, I have an S3 AGP card somewhere that I'll swap for your 9800SE. I think it has 4Mb of RAM. It's never had any faults, and works exactly as it's supposed to .....

I'll even pay the shipping, if you like :wink:

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, those two qualify. I'd add the Evil Kyro also as third worst.

<font color=red>WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning!</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3400555" target="_new"> My</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8268935" target="_new">Gamer</A>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
IMO, XGI Volari Duo V8 is worse than Xabre cards, because it was supposed to compete with R9700 Pro/9800 Pro. Image quality wise, both are equally terrible.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

Aha, yes I missed that, got distracted by your other entries, the Volari comment looked like a Siggy (I usually ignore the last line in a post if it looks like a sig [none of us are witty enough :wink: ).

Kudos to you Sir, for finding the Crap before me, of course I still stepped in it! :lol:

Well I think the Volari has redefined the level of sucketude for a next generation. It was a dual GPU card meant to clobber single GPU cards (well it's fill rates are still better than X800XTs and GF6800Us, but only in synthetic tests), it used more power, created more heat, was nosier than a GF5800U by many accounts, and had Faq'ed driver problems. The biggest reason for it's caidancy IMO is that most people agree that the FX series sucked, but the Volari made the FX look like a master stroke of stability, performance, and great drivers, even making the Detonators look like the IQ choice for a change.

Also what other card has a cheesy ballard it's named after.

Who knows, maybe there's an 80s metal band called Xabre that I missed! :evil: