Help with WoW screen distortion

a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 6, 2005 11:37:42 AM

for some reason i can play WoW (World of Warcraft) and have almost
nothing screw up. for some reason, however i am not able to see
underwater. whenever i submerge it just jumbles up and all i see is a
completely blue screen. anybody can help me with this?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-WoW-screen-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1704959

More about : wow screen distortion

June 6, 2005 11:37:45 AM

"Apolyn" wrote:
> for some reason i can play WoW (World of Warcraft) and have
> almost nothing screw up. for some reason, however i am not
> able to see underwater. whenever i submerge it just jumbles up
> and all i see is a completely blue screen. anybody can help me
> with this?

Sounds like a video card problem to me..i’ve had many games in the
past years that would play good but a certain graphic or certain
setting didnt work right or slowed the system down. Could be a
corrupted image file, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling WOW
and saving your character and settings files, or updating the video
card driver from the manufacturers website
June 6, 2005 1:20:07 PM

"Apolyn" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

"f[F]or some reason[missing comma] i can play WoW (World of Warcraft)
and have almost nothing screw up. f[F]or some reason, however[missing
comma] i am not able to see underwater. w[W]henever i
submerge[missing comma] it[video? WoW?] just jumbles up and all i see
is a completely blue screen [a solid blue screen is "jumbled"?]. [Can]
anybody can[wrong position] help me with this?"

Maybe you need a new keyboard where the Shift key(s) work so you can
correctly select a "mode" within your game used for swimming in water.
Maybe the keymap for the game uses the comma character and that key
doesn't work on your keyboard. >;-)

More likely is that you have an old video card with too little memory.
Check the hardware requirements for the game. Could be, for example,
that it requires 32MB as a minimum and you only have 16MB, or less, on
your video card. If you are using onboard video instead of a video
controller card, you might have robbed too little system RAM to use as
video RAM, or the game just won't work with the onboard video. By the
way, many games will fail or exhibit problems with video controllers on
the motherboard so allocating more system RAM as video RAM will not
help.

Doesn't the vendor of WoW provide a forum where users can assist each
other? Hold on ... yep, Blizzard has user forums, one of which is
technical support forum. You might find a more focused community over
there that better knows the game and its abnomalties and its hardward
requirements. Of course, they won't be able to tell you if your
hardware is deficient for playing WoW unless you actually tell them what
hardware you have. While Blizzard has their tech forum, you might want
to try http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/.
!