annoying pop up ad

I keep getting this pop up ad at the bottom of the screen that says

about: blank- Microsoft Internet Explorer

I can’t close it normally so i have to press ctrl alt delete and it
will say that it is running and the other programs are not responding
when it’s this pop up ad that keeps causing it. Then when you press
end task it closes all of the windows you have open.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this it does it more than once a
day.

Thanks, Alisha.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-annoying-pop-ad-ftopict542166.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1708483

ali84 rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:

> I keep getting this pop up ad at the bottom of the screen that says
>
> about: blank- Microsoft Internet Explorer
>
> I can’t close it normally so i have to press ctrl alt delete and it
> will say that it is running and the other programs are not responding
> when it’s this pop up ad that keeps causing it. Then when you press
> end task it closes all of the windows you have open.
>
> Does anyone know how to get rid of this it does it more than once a
> day.
>
> Thanks, Alisha.

click start run and type in services.msc and disable messenger service hth.