how can i change the Windows XP language from En.to French

Dear all,

I bought a lap top to my mother, the Windows XP and the Works 8.0 that
came with it it in English...however my mother speaks only French...

i will be really grateful if someone could guide me to be able to
change the language without purchasing the hole pack again...

thank you

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-change-Windows-XP-language-En-French-ftopict542723.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711077
2 answers Last reply
More about change windows language french

    Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
    cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
    to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
    you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

    Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
    another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
    and create a dual-boot configuration.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2820­89

    Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    http://www.worldlanguage.com/

    A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "tarela" wrote:

    | Dear all,
    |
    | I bought a lap top to my mother, the Windows XP and the Works 8.0 that
    | came with it it in English...however my mother speaks only French...
    |
    | i will be really grateful if someone could guide me to be able to
    | change the language without purchasing the hole pack again...
    |
    | thank you

    If you ordered the files when you ordered the computer you could buy the french language files. However they aren't sold seperately. Contact who you bought it from. They'll need to order it in specially.

    "tarela" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1711077_03b288f1003e00c98b163ae440129832@windowsforumz.com...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I bought a lap top to my mother, the Windows XP and the Works 8.0 that
    > came with it it in English...however my mother speaks only French...
    >
    > i will be really grateful if someone could guide me to be able to
    > change the language without purchasing the hole pack again...
    >
    > thank you

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-change-Windows-XP-language-En-French-ftopict542723.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711077

Support Microsoft Windows XP