how can i change the Windows XP language from En.to French

Tags:
  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 6, 2005 11:39:25 AM

Dear all,

I bought a lap top to my mother, the Windows XP and the Works 8.0 that
came with it it in English...however my mother speaks only French...

i will be really grateful if someone could guide me to be able to
change the language without purchasing the hole pack again...

thank you

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-change-Wind...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711077

More about : change windows language french

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:39:26 AM

Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
and create a dual-boot configuration.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2820­89

Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
http://www.worldlanguage.com/

A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"tarela" wrote:

| Dear all,
|
| I bought a lap top to my mother, the Windows XP and the Works 8.0 that
| came with it it in English...however my mother speaks only French...
|
| i will be really grateful if someone could guide me to be able to
| change the language without purchasing the hole pack again...
|
| thank you
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:29:53 AM

If you ordered the files when you ordered the computer you could buy the french language files. However they aren't sold seperately. Contact who you bought it from. They'll need to order it in specially.

!