text toolbar not showing

kaya

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005

I am putting text onto a picture in my pictures. The first time I tried it,
when I clicked on text, a toolbar came up, giving me options to choose fonts
etc. When I closed the picture, I pressed x on the text toolbar, and now, it
won't appear again when I try to do the same thing. I tried to click it on
the view menu, but it is not one of the highlighted items any more(it appears
in grey, rather than black). What can I do to enable the text toolbar again?
any help will be most appreciated.

What program are you using?

For MS Paint...

To type and format text
You can only enter text into an image when you are in normal view. To
display the normal view, on the View menu, point to Zoom, and then click
Normal size.

Notes
You can enter text in a text box only once. When you click outside the box,
the text is converted to a graphic image and you cannot make it active
again.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/paint_text.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1D02BD8B-16E5-44C3-A363-462E782FD65D@microsoft.com,
kaya <kaya@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am putting text onto a picture in my pictures. The first time I tried
> it, when I clicked on text, a toolbar came up, giving me options to
> choose fonts etc. When I closed the picture, I pressed x on the text
> toolbar, and now, it won't appear again when I try to do the same thing.
> I tried to click it on the view menu, but it is not one of the
> highlighted items any more(it appears in grey, rather than black). What
> can I do to enable the text toolbar again? any help will be most
> appreciated.

kaya

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005

yes it is MS paint, and when I go to view and point to zoom, again normal
size is not an option I can pick as it is in grey, and not highlighted in
black!! what do I do now please??

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> What program are you using?
>
> For MS Paint...
>
> To type and format text
> You can only enter text into an image when you are in normal view. To
> display the normal view, on the View menu, point to Zoom, and then click
> Normal size.
>
> Notes
> You can enter text in a text box only once. When you click outside the box,
> the text is converted to a graphic image and you cannot make it active
> again.
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/paint_text.mspx
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:1D02BD8B-16E5-44C3-A363-462E782FD65D@microsoft.com,
> kaya <kaya@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I am putting text onto a picture in my pictures. The first time I tried
> > it, when I clicked on text, a toolbar came up, giving me options to
> > choose fonts etc. When I closed the picture, I pressed x on the text
> > toolbar, and now, it won't appear again when I try to do the same thing.
> > I tried to click it on the view menu, but it is not one of the
> > highlighted items any more(it appears in grey, rather than black). What
> > can I do to enable the text toolbar again? any help will be most
> > appreciated.

kaya,

If Normal Size is grayed out, that means that you are already in Normal
Size.

[[You can enter text in a text box only once. When you click outside the
box,
the text is converted to a graphic image and you cannot make it active
again.]]

You have to try again. You only get the one chance.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User