Glenn

I have problems that no one seems to have answers for on this NG.

I would reload but I get the message..........

To install the version on the CD, restart your computer, boot
from this CD, and follow the instructions for a new installation.

Warning: The default setup options will replace your existing
version of Windows with this version. If you wish to keep both
versions you must select a new destination folder for this
version of Windows. If you decide to delete the newer version of
Windows that is currently installed on your computer, the files
and settings cannot be recovered.

************************

Does that mean only the windows software files are replaced or
does that mean ALL my files will be lost??

I want to reload to get back to IE that works correctly. Does it
mean only that I would have to re-download the SPs etc? If so,
I'm on broadband so no problem. Does it mean I have to
re-register and how much trouble is that? It is mine and I
registered once so can I do with it what I like or do I have to
jump through hoops?

Glenn

It has removed 1 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

You need to perform a "Repair Install" as follows:

Afterward, visit the Windows Update web site and
download all the recommended critical updates.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Glenn" wrote:

| I have problems that no one seems to have answers for on this NG.
|
| I would reload but I get the message..........
|
| To install the version on the CD, restart your computer, boot
| from this CD, and follow the instructions for a new installation.
|
| Warning: The default setup options will replace your existing
| version of Windows with this version. If you wish to keep both
| versions you must select a new destination folder for this
| version of Windows. If you decide to delete the newer version of
| Windows that is currently installed on your computer, the files
| and settings cannot be recovered.
|
| ************************
|
| Does that mean only the windows software files are replaced or
| does that mean ALL my files will be lost??
|
| I want to reload to get back to IE that works correctly. Does it
| mean only that I would have to re-download the SPs etc? If so,
| I'm on broadband so no problem. Does it mean I have to
| re-register and how much trouble is that? It is mine and I
| registered once so can I do with it what I like or do I have to
| jump through hoops?
|
| Glenn

Glenn

Mine comes under the warning #2. It shows NO repair option. The
alternatives sound a mite strong if not risky for my described
problem. (See under the header "another one for you") yesterday
in this forum.

I still may put up with the bug or go the reload route. I still
need to know how destructive the fresh load is off the original
cd. The system properties call it version 2002, w/ service pack
2.

Good old win 98. We never had these problems. ;)

Glenn