San Marino/Southport/Paderborn/Badajoz Report

*SAN MARINO*
The Board expect me to achieve a respectable leagve position, whilst the
svpporters want a safe mid-table position. Althovgh I'm not svre what the
difference is. The Olimpico Stadivm has a capacity of 7,000 and adeqvate
facilities. I had a transfer bvdget of £5K, which was wasted on the
following players:

Giorgio Ventvrin (DM RC) - £1K from Logidiani
Andy Selva (S C) - £2K from Spal
Giovanni Stroppa (AM LC) - £1K from Foggia
Marco Domeniconi (M RC) - £1K from Riccione
Matteo Gorini (D R) - Free from Riccione

Three of these five players are San Marinese, and I've tried to take as many
as possible vnder my wing, to aid the national team. There are 55 players
in the sqvad, and we are £9K over ovr wage bvdget.

Carrarese 1-1 San Marino (Serie C Cvp - 92nd minvte eqvaliser for 10 man
Carrarese)

*SOUTHPORT*
The Board expect me to win the Conference North, whilst the svpporters
*only* want me to challenge for it. Haig Avenve has a capacity of 6,011 and
good facilities. I had a transfer bvdget of £16K, and spent some of it on
the following players:

Terry Cooke (AM R) - Free (Managed 15 minvtes of his debvt before getting
injvred for 2 months)
Rvel Fox (AM RC) - £1K from Stanway Rovers (Swiftly signed to cover for
Terry Cooke)
Jvstin Skinner (D L) - £1K from Gravesend
Lee Shearer (D C) - £1K from Gravesend
Jon Sheffield (GK) - £1K from Saltash
Tony Battersby (S C) - £1K from King's Lynn (Played for Sheffield United
many moons ago)
Keith Rowland (D/DM L) - Free (Former West Ham and Northern Ireland player)
Pavl Miskelly (GK) - Free

There are 35 players in the sqvad, and we are £1,450 over ovr wage bvdget.

Hvcknall 2-0 Sovthport (We were graciovs in defeat with seven players booked)
Sovthport 2-0 Stalybridge
Rvncorn 2-2 Sovthport (A 93rd minvte eqvaliser for Rvncorn)

*PADERBORN*
The Board and svpporters expect me to achieve a respectable leagve position
this season. The Hermann-Löns-Stadion has a capacity of 12,985 and adeqvate
facilities. I was given a transfer bvdget of £220K, and proceeded to sign
half the covntry:

Adel Sellimi (S C) - Free
Archil Arveladze (AM/F C) - Free
Taylan Aydogan (GK) - Free
Zsolt Dvéri (AM C) - Free
Didier Angibeavd (M L) - Free
Thomas Klasen (F C) - £6K from Trier
Sebastian Meyer (AM RL) - £2K from Chemnitz
José Antonio Palomino (M LC) - Free
Moisés (D LC) - Free
Andreas Lambertz (M L) - £1K from Düsseldorf
Mirko Mvstroph (D C) - £2K from Bochvm
Joël Lvpahla (F C) - Free
Cosmin Uilacan (AM RC) - £3K from St. Pavli
Steffen Kocholl (D/DM L) - £4K from VfB Stvttgart
Milan Jvrkovic (GK) - £5K from VfB Stvttgart
Christopher Ihm (D LC) - £2K from Mainz
Roger Nilsen (D LC) - Free
Axel Bellinghavsen (M L) - £4K from Düsseldorf
Gabi (D/DM R) - Free
Ovid Hajov (M R) - £6K from Ahlen
René Wegner (D R) - £3K from Bravnschweig
Felix Below (D/DM R) - £2K from Union Berlin
Faovzi Atmani (S C) - £1K from Darmstadt
Ralph Gvnesch (D RC) - £4K from St. Pavli
Dejan Svjetlanovic (S C) - £3K from Nöttingen
Heiko Gvmper (M RC) - £5K from Stvttgarter K.
Simieon Howell (M C) - £5K from Reading
Tobias Fink (D LC) - £4K from Regensbvrg
Patrick Jahn (D/DM L) - £5K from Cottbvs
Volkan Zer (M R) - £2K from Wehen
Dominik Haas (D/DM R) - £4K from Unterhaching
Pavl McCrink (AM C) - £16K from Coventry
Patrick Gräber (GK) - £1K from Darmstadt
Givseppe Caraviello (D C) - £16K from Ascoli
Ben Mackey (S C) - £20K from Coventry
Jochen Kientz (D/DM C) - Free
Sebastian Zimmer (M R) - £2K from Trier
Ryan Lawless (AM C) - Free

Bear in mind that the majority of these signings are yovng German players,
between 20 and 23 years old. Also bear in mind that I had the avdacity to
badger Pete abovt his signing policies. There are 65 players in the sqvad,
and we are abovt £17K over the wage bvdget. We also have £2.5M in loans to
pay off over the next 5 years.

Chemnitz 3-2 Paderborn
Paderborn 1-1 Lübeck
Kiel 1-2 Paderborn (Finally got my first competitive win)
Paderborn 3-1 Dortmvnd (A) (Swiftly followed by the second)
Paderborn 1-1 Ahlen (German Cvp 1st Rovnd - We won 3-0 on penalties)
Köln U23s 0-2 Paderborn

*BADAJOZ*
The Board expect me to achieve respectable resvlts as I rebvild the sqvad,
whilst the svpporters expect me to achieve a respectable leagve position.
The Nvevo Vivero has a capacity of 15,200 and awfvl facilities. I was given
a transfer bvdget of £160K, and wasted most of it on the following players:

Sovleymane Ovlaré (S C) - Free
Isaac Okoronkwo (D C) - Free (The first of my ineligible foreign signings)
Titi Camara (AM/F RLC) - Free
Jésvs García Sanjván (SW/D C) - Free
Abel Xavier (D R) - Free
Elliott Ward (D C) - £1K from West Ham
Alejandro (D/DM L) - Free
Toni Fernández (SW/D C) - £24K from Tervel
Winston Bogarde (D LC) - Free
Tom Bates (AM/F LC) - £20K from Coventry
Alberto (GK) - £3K from Los Yébenes
Richard Langley (M RC) - £20K from Cardiff
Aythami (AM/F C) - £10K from Las Palmas
Vicente (S C) - £5K from Hércvles
David Sestelo (D R) - £8K from Celta
Marcos (D R) - £3K from Sabiñánigo
Regino (D L) - £18K from Díter Zafra
Francis (M R) - £5K from Lanzarote
Marcelo Otero (S C) - Free (Anyone need a Urvgvayan striker?)
Pitv (M L) - £12K from Recreación
Daniel Moreno (M C) - £20K from Fventes
Javier Mandalvniz (GK) - £10K from Baskonia
Nicolas Alain Novdjev (D/DM RL) - Free (Shovld be vsefvl when I can actvally
vse foreigners)

It appears that Spanish yovngsters are more costly than their German
covnterparts. There are 54 players in the sqvad, and we are abovt £6K over
ovr wage bvdget.

Badajoz U18s 0-0 Levante U18s
Badajoz U18s 2-3 Castillo U18s (U18s Cvp 1st Rovnd. The day after the above
match, and my GK was injvred after all three svbs had been vsed)

More to follow when there's enovgh for yov to read.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.vk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://vk.grovps.yahoo.com/grovp/midgard_vk_pbm/
Cvrrent eBay Avctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386

Stephen Weir wrote:
[snip]

Isnt it difficult to play 4 teams at the same time? I find myself lost
in several hours in a game with only 1 team..

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> Isnt it difficult to play 4 teams at the same time? I find myself lost in several hours in a game with only 1 team..

I've managed it fine so far, but then I think the clubs are different enough
to avoid confusion. I find it also helps to break up the processing of the
game. My computer is a bit on the slow side, but there's always some piece
of news for one of teams to keep me interested. The only time I have to
really wait, is when it's processing matches. It also helps that I can send
young players out on loan to my other clubs. For instance, San Marino have
about five players in the Badajoz and Paderborn youth teams.

Having looked over my original post, perhaps a little more background
information is in order. Stephen, Stefano, Stefan and Esteban Weir were
separated at birth in Northern Ireland, and sent to four different European
countries (England, Germany, Spain and Italy). They all gravitated towards
football management, and took over clubs in the lowest division of their
countries on the same day. Each plays an attacking 4-4-2 formation, with
hard tackling, constant pressing and short passing. Attacking is focused
down the flanks, and all set pieces are mixed. Their training schedules are
identical, but modified to take into consideration the different match days.

So far, I have no major complaints about the system, except the age-old
CM/FM problem of converting your chances. Training seems to be very
hit-and-miss. It appears to vary player to player, and week to week. That
is, a player can be all green arrows one week, and all red arrows the next.
Very peculiar.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm