Status
Not open for further replies.

deby m

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hello,
i am a wow player since 2005 in 2007 i had a stroke my dr said to keep playing it for my rehab...t helps my mind and it is helping me t regain some function of my lost hand use..ok wow did it neither my desk top nor my hp lap top will play it says my cpu is to low i have You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5670 @ 1.80GHz i need Minimum: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 not only do i not know what type of cpu to get but for 3 days ive tried to find cpus for lap tops done new egg tiger direct and frys can someone tell me what kind of cpu will give me the Minimum: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 and were to get it please

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Although what you have written is very confusing, as far as I can make out is you have a C2D T5670 and you are worried that that it cannot play the game and hence you want a suggestion for new laptop.

The C2D you have will be sufficient for playing the WOW:Mist of Pandaria as it is far more powerful that Pentium D provided you satisfy the other minimum conditions which are:

For Windows
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit supported)
2 GB or more of RAM, 1 GB for Windows XP
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon X1600 Pro video card with 256 MB Video Ram or better
25 GB free hard drive space
Broadband Internet connection

deby m

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

no i need to upgrade my cpu in my lap top need to know were to buy a cpu that will play the game . the name of the cpu that woulld give me Minimum: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 for a lap top i can only find ones for desk tops, sorry for confussion not only do i not know what im talking about but i confuse myself only know what the can i run it said. ty for responding

deby m

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

from what ive read some u can and some u cant3... do i c :cry: ry now.....lol
but yes thats what im asking and were to find it for lap tops... income is low so cheepest that would meet wows Minimum stats for playing the game it says Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 but can only find for desk tops ......ty for
response

deby m

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

omg ty sooo much.... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: yes every thing passed :lol: except the 1st cpu is the only thing that failed !!! the can i run it test...

deby m

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
the game will load now but kicks me off every 10 minutes and thats the old game that one buying a new one is not a option if i cant up hrade the cpu then im done :cry:

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
The time to think about an upgrade processor or an improved graphics solution for a laptop is before you purchase it. Upgrades to laptops are expensive when possible and rarely satisfactory. Then there is the heat issue and battery life issue that would become a problem if you could upgrade. Laptops are always compromises between Size, weight, performance, battery life, price, and other factors and they need to match the best combination for usability.

If you really need something better, see what resale value yours has (not too old) and upgrade to something that can handle what you plan to use it for or keep the portable for it's portability and get a desktop for performance for a lot less money than a laptop that will have less power for more money. Also the desktop will have more ability to upgrade if you ever need it.

deby m

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
thank u i have a desk top a ibm from office one that had more wrong than rhe lap top was thinkind lap top would be easyer lol at least i can work on that a little if i run the desk top there and post all it says is wrong could u tell me what all it needs maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.