Remove Phantom Programs

How do I remove programs that are listed in the "Add or Remove
Programs" interface if they have already been removed from my
computer.

For example, in the "Add or Remove Programs" interface it shows that
I have Photoshop 4 on my computer however I have already removed the
software from the computer. How can I get the computer to update the
"Add or Remove Programs" interface so Photoshop 4 doesn’t show up in
it?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Remove-Phantom-Programs-ftopict540045.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1700091

Byte

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314481
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"polygrinder" wrote:

> How do I remove programs that are listed in the "Add or Remove
> Programs" interface if they have already been removed from my
> computer.
>
> For example, in the "Add or Remove Programs" interface it shows that
> I have Photoshop 4 on my computer however I have already removed the
> software from the computer. How can I get the computer to update the
> "Add or Remove Programs" interface so Photoshop 4 doesn’t show up in
> it?

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Remove-Phantom-Programs-ftopict540045.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1700091

Evidently you did not remove the program via it's uninstall option or
through the Add /Remove programs applet in control panel. "Tweak" provides
an option for removing program listings.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL