Windows XP becomes unresponsive

Tags:
  • Windows XP
June 6, 2005 5:41:50 PM

When I try and access c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ in windows
explorer my computer becomes unresponsive and after 10 seconds or so
the fan will start running really loudly. The same problem also occurs
when I try and access windows control panel.

CTRL + ALT + DELETE does not work. The only thing that I can do is a
hard reset of my machine.

It also hangs when shutting down the computer, just after saving your
settings has completed.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could cause this?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Windows-XP-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711491

More about : windows unresponsive

June 6, 2005 5:41:51 PM

How old is your PC? It sounds like your harddrive is ready to "bite the dust"
Suggest you immediately backup all your personal files, data, photos and
documents to a CD and get ready to purchase a new drive or PC.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

!