TECH: Nintendo Monitor Image Bending

Posting for some friends of mine. They just bought a Donkey Kong and
they're having problems with the monitor.

The image bends downward on the left-hand side, about the left 1 to 2
inches of the screen. It remains like this most of the time, but
sometimes corrects itself briefly before bending again. They have also
told me that, occasionally, the entire image slides partially off the
bottom of the screen at an angle. (I've never seen that symptom, but I
did see the bending problem.)

I checked all connections and they seem fine. Other than this, the
monitor image is crisp and bright.

Anyone have any clue what we need to check/fix?

-Dave Ellis
http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

Cap kit is always a good start.

"Dave Ellis" <ellis_1701@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Posting for some friends of mine. They just bought a Donkey Kong and
> they're having problems with the monitor.
>
> The image bends downward on the left-hand side, about the left 1 to 2
> inches of the screen. It remains like this most of the time, but
> sometimes corrects itself briefly before bending again. They have also
> told me that, occasionally, the entire image slides partially off the
> bottom of the screen at an angle. (I've never seen that symptom, but I
> did see the bending problem.)
>
> I checked all connections and they seem fine. Other than this, the
> monitor image is crisp and bright.
>
> Anyone have any clue what we need to check/fix?
>
> -Dave Ellis
> http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

You MAY be able to just adjust that out by messing with the horizontal hold
adjustments and such, but it'll likely need a capkit. I've had a bunch of
them that do the exact same thing.

Ron