Q: Accomodating long preamble on Linksys

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,no.it.nettverk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking (More info?)

How can I change the Linksys Cable/DSL router wrt54g to accomadate long preamble?

Thanks,

Sam

(Please post your replies here. My e-mail address is spam-proofed.)

S.V.Proff wrote:
> How can I change the Linksys Cable/DSL router wrt54g to accomadate
> long preamble?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam
>
> (Please post your replies here. My e-mail address is spam-proofed.)

On the wireless -b routers, the setting is in the router gui, orange
advanced tab, select the wireless tab. Again, the -b routers default to
long preamble.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,no.it.nettverk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking (More info?)

When a Wireless Device is set to Short Preamble it usually checks to see if
the station can handle
Short preamble otherwise is uses Long.. Unfortunately many clients .. i.e.
centrino say they
can handle Short preamble, but don't do it well...

-Guy

"Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message news:<qtmdnfmkUqrfV-Hd4p2dnA@comcast.com>...
> S.V.Proff wrote:
> > How can I change the Linksys Cable/DSL router wrt54g to accomadate
> > long preamble?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sam
> >
> > (Please post your replies here. My e-mail address is spam-proofed.)
>
> On the wireless -b routers, the setting is in the router gui, orange
> advanced tab, select the wireless tab. Again, the -b routers default to
> long preamble.

Here is what I see there. What do I change?

Authentication Type: (Default: Auto)
Basic Rate: (Default: Default)
Transmission Rate: (Default: Auto)
CTS Protection Mode: (Default: Disable)
Frame Burst: (Default: Disable)
Beacon Interval: (Default: 100, Milliseconds, Range: 1 - 65535)
DTIM Interval: (Default: 1, Range: 1 - 255)
Fragmentation Threshold: (Default: 2346, Range: 256 - 2346)
RTS Threshold: (Default: 2347, Range: 0 - 2347)